Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
tamesis
Registered Users
seller

DD playing on Right side

The past couple of days DD just plays on my right....She latches on, sucks a bit, pops off, swallows and gets sprayed, repeat. I know it's not an issue of milk, because she's swallowing, spraying, etc., nor does it seem to be boredom....she's playing with my clothes, etc. No problems with the other side. It's frustrating me enough that I want to jsut switch to the left, but then i'll lost the supply on my already lower producer...Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DD playing on Right side

Maybe your let down is too fast on that side? As long as she's not hurting you, I think you can let her do whatever she wants.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
rsu
Registered Users

My left side is my low producer, and my daughter will often pop off of it and try to get back on my right. I think it just doesn't spray AS MUCH as the right side, so it's sort of like if you have two cokes, one with a big straw and one with a coffee stirrer. It doesn't matter that the coke tastes the same or that each cup has the same amount - you're gonna prefer the one with the big straw.
rsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsu View Post
My left side is my low producer, and my daughter will often pop off of it and try to get back on my right. I think it just doesn't spray AS MUCH as the right side, so it's sort of like if you have two cokes, one with a big straw and one with a coffee stirrer. It doesn't matter that the coke tastes the same or that each cup has the same amount - you're gonna prefer the one with the big straw.
Love the analogy.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #5
wyatt09
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamesis View Post
The past couple of days DD just plays on my right....She latches on, sucks a bit, pops off, swallows and gets sprayed, repeat. I know it's not an issue of milk, because she's swallowing, spraying, etc., nor does it seem to be boredom....she's playing with my clothes, etc. No problems with the other side. It's frustrating me enough that I want to jsut switch to the left, but then i'll lost the supply on my already lower producer...Any suggestions?

wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt09 View Post
yeah, i'm with you a bit.

mama, sometimes babies just don't nurse on a side. your other side will compensate, so you'll be a little lopsided, but there's not much you can do to get her to nurse. just keep offering, and hey - let her pop on and off - at least there's some suckling, so it shouldn't hurt your supply too much. and like i said - your other side should compensate if that's the only side she nurses on. each boob is a supply and demand, not JUST the whole system. if she keeps nursing steady on the other side, you'll be fine.

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote