Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Banned from driving.

So you know I posted about those passing out episdoes?

It happened today while I was at the OGBYNs office. You'd think those nurses had never seen someone almost pass out. The funniest was this one asian nurse whose accent is really thick - she came in when I was laying down and sweaty from the incident and said to me "are you okay? WHY YOU SO SWEATY??"

Anyways, the doctor thinks it's just I'm super sensitive to any pressure on that major artery. But to be sure they sent me to labor and delivery at the hospital. I was hooked up to the monitors, had blood drawn, and got lunch. Everything turned out to be just fine except I might be slightly anemic. BP is a little low but not crazy (right after I almost passed out it was 60/40! YIKES.)

But the determination was that I shouldn't drive in case it happens. Because twice it's happened while I was just sitting. I am going to go CRAZY. We are without a kitchen/first floor because of the remodel and now I can't even leave the house of my own accord!!

I'm gonna need some projects or something. Or I'll end up buying tons of fluff online.

Advertisement

Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
Julesboch
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Banned from driving.

Sounds like you need to find some books and teach yourself a hobby. SS mama that is so hard
Old 02-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
TCgreenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

60/40 is REALLY low, that's almost dead! Glad you are ok.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesboch View Post
Sounds like you need to find some books and teach yourself a hobby. SS mama that is so hard
You should take up knitting!!! I learned in September and it's actually been a lot of fun and super relaxing as well! Plus, getting to make some baby stuff has been nice to, since I've been refraining from buying things... but no one says I can't buy yarn

I'm sorry you're banned from driving though If you didn't live so far away, we could totally hang out. DH takes my car 90% of the time and even when I do have my car and we go somewhere, he drives because he thinks I can't drive in the snow and ice for some reason. And there's a Coldstone not too far away!

Mama!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dang, that totally sucks!

Shopping on etsy is fun;-)

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow that stinks! Hope you are able to find some stuff to keep you busy
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama that stinks! Yup, definitely find a hobby or you'll be broke before baby gets here!
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh gosh yes, I'm going to be broke. I look at furniture and art and baby stuff and decoration all day. Need to watch the budget for sure!

Andrea - I do crochet and knit a little bit. I'm working on a cute sleep sack but just don't have that nesting urge really.

Today I attempted working on baby shower invites. Ugh. I may be crafty but not so talented with the embossing powder stuff. Can't figure out how to make it look nice! Especially with an intricate letter stamp. At least now I have lots of time to get it to happen
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #9
HollyBennett
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to say I had a similar problem during my first two pregnancys. I could not lay on my back for any amount of time ( OB appointments were a nightmare), couldnt turn from one side to another or even sit reclined with out my BP dropping feeling dizzy and getting sweaty. As long as i was fully upright or leaning somewhat forward I was ok. I tossed my cookies all over the U/S tech. Her fault. I warned her I was having issues but she insisted I needed to be on my back for the pics. I could always feel a spell coming on and correct my angle to get the pressure off of the inferior vena cava so I was never told I couldnt drive just to be careful. Just take it easy and you should be ok.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #10
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Super sorry momma! I had some crazy neurological issues with blacking out and losing my vision that they couldn't explain when pregnant with DD and was banned from driving for 6 weeks. They did lift the ban when it stopped happening, hopefully if you get a clean bill they'll do the same!

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote