Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
4boys4me
Registered Users

How much would you expect to buy a diaper for?

I know there are tons of diapers but how much would you expect to buy a used diaper for in EUC, GUC and well loved condition?

To name a few, how about:
Pockets:
Wonderoos
Fuzzi Bunz
Bum Genius
Happy Heineys
WAHM diapers
Fitteds
AIO (magicall, etc...)

You get the point... I am just wondering what is considerd acceptable to most everyone... I know, it is a lot to ask, lmbo

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much would you expect to buy a diaper for?

I dunno - it varies. And I think it depends on how long you've owned the diaper for. All of my diapers are in at least excellent used condition. No stains, etc...but some of them are going on a year old. I wouldnt expect to get as much as a diaper that Ive owned 2-3 months for those.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:09 PM   #3
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll tell you I've never spent over $7 ppd on a dipe. most of my stash I got for around $2-4 each. I know many would pay more, but I just hold out for the very best deals.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #4
mnpetnurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pockets:

EUC $10-$11
GUC $7 -$9
Loved $4-$6

I think the prices overall here are really good if you look, but this is after a year of buying off e-bay and getting screwed basically! I haven't seen any decent pockets there under $10 when you account for the shipping.

My cut off is $9-$10ppd for a good or excellent pocket here on DS.
mnpetnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm...depends on the brand and condition (I only buy EUC and new though). GUC to me means a stain here or there nad that would flip me out. Well loved means stains and a small hole and no way do I want that in my stash.

If I am buying a EUC pocket (FB, FF or HH) I try to stay at $10, new I stay at $15 or less.

Fitteds I try to stay under $8 if EUC or $12 if new

AIO/AI2's I generally don't buy used but if I did I would stay under $10 and new under $15

In general I don't spend more than $15 on a dipe, $20 if it is a custom must have (when will SEP stock customs again?)
Old 06-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

$10 ppd is my usual spending limit on used dipes. Some stuff that costs in the $30 range new, I expect to pay more for.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #7
Momma_of_3
Registered Users
seller

I have never spent more then $10ppd on a dipe. Every single dipe I have bought was used. Except one! I managed to score a pw aio the first time I ever tried. So I will spen a little more for those b/c I LOVE them!

But generally speaking $10 on an aio
$8-$7 on a fitted
$5-$7 on a cover

we don't use pockets.

Wool is a whole other thing!

Always ISO-medium baybee aios~ any color & medium pws!
Momma_of_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

For EUC Fuzzibunz $10-11ppd. Those are the only ones i have experience with so far.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:44 PM   #9
suzhatch1
Registered Users
seller

Maybe I'm outside the norm I think when we first started CDing I tried a lot of stuff & looked for really good deals, and I probably choked if the cost was more than $15 new for a dipe - and it had better be a nice dipe for that price. I couldn't fathom putting DD in something more expensive than that if all she was gonna do is *poop* in it, LOL!

And on top of that, I figured it was nutso if someone was gonna try and resell a diaper & try asking more than 50% for it. I mean, really - it's USED - and by someone else's kid!!

But now, over time, we've tweeked our stash & my mind set has changed a bit.

I've narrowed down our favorites to just a couple WAHM dipes that I love and I will pay more for these since they are custom made by dedicated Mamas who love what they do. Plus these particular ones fit DD like a glove. I usually stick to $15-20 new, but will go to $25 on occassion. (But trust me - I keep eyeing some gorgeous embroidered OV dipes in the $30's like you wouldn't believe!) If I see some specific, EUC, fairly new dipes (nothing over a couple months old), w/no stains pop up on FSOT in one of the few brands that I like, I'll pay $15 for a normal $20-25 diaper, or $20 for a $30 dipe, especially if I know there is a wait list for a new one, or if it's a custom fabric or has some special embroidery or something.

And when it comes to resale, my mindset has changed too. I can now see reselling dipes in EUC if they are unique or custom (i.e. see above description) for 75% of the price if demand calls for it. I mean, if someone is willing to buy it - go for it. But I agree w/another recent thread that basically says, "Why wouldn't you pay $2 more if you can turn around & get a mass-produced dipe brand new?"

Just my

Suz

Last edited by suzhatch1; 06-15-2006 at 05:46 PM.
suzhatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
starwithnolight
Registered Users
seller

I try not to spend over $10ppd on a used dipe. Just as I don't sell mine for anything over 10ppd. I just don't see the point in spending, say, $12-$13 on a used FB (or any pocket) when you can usually get them brand new, with insert for $15 (a lot of times even free shipping)