Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #31
kthoelen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't wanna CIO, but I'm out of ideas, please help!!!

We didn't cosleep but this is what we did with both of our older children and still have to sometimes and it works well. We would put them in their bed and then sit beside the bed until they fell asleep. Each night you move closer and closer to the door and eventually you are able to just walk out. If they get out of bed the first time you tell them that it is bed time and put them back. After that you just put them in their bed without saying anything. This is really tiring but it pays off in the end and they are not usually screaming and you are right there.

The other thing, I think another poster said this too, is put the older two to bed first then deal with the baby. That is what we are doing at this point. Granted the baby is only 1 1/2months but still we get the other 2 in bed so we can focus on the baby.

I hope you can find a solution that works.

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 AM   #32
keelykellen&kiera
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchPunkMom View Post
How long has she been not napping during the day?? Is there any way you can shift her sleep schedule a bit so that she can have a little afternoon nap and go to bed later?

I'm alone at night often as well as my husband works A LOT of late nights. We have dinner, then I give the little ones a bath, then the big ones get a bath (unless it's too late), then it's time for bed. DD is usually pretty crabby by that time, but I just use it to my advantage in hurrying the boys along to bed. Then, once they are tucked in, I nurse/rock her to sleep in the living room with the tv on quiet and the lights off. She's usually in bed by about 9-9:30 - but she takes a nap around 1 for about 2-3hrs. Anyhow, if you can deal with keeping her up late for a night or two and then maybe try to squeeze in a nap during the day, perhaps that may help? or perhaps not! Sorry, I know I'm reaching here. I know how desparate a good sleep routine can be! It took us a long time to finally get Ellie to do something that works for everyone! Maybe if you can wear her on your back in the afternoon after lunch and see if she can get a snooze that way?

Ooh, good idea, I haven't tried that yet! I did manage to get her on my back in the Kozy tonight after the olders woke her from *almost* sleep. It worked out okay, but had her totally awake again I did get her to take TWO naps today. Okay, so they were 15 minutes each, max. It is progress.

Keely 8.3.02 Kellen 4.20.04 Kiera 7.11.06 Kade 4.24.11 born @32 weeks
keelykellen&kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 AM   #33
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I swear I replied to this topic yesterday, and Blair did too.... what is going on
I replied as well and it is not here...

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #34
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, 2 15min naps is progress!! It at least gives her a quick recharge. There have been times where the only way I can get DD to take a decent nap is to wear her on my back. We went through a LONG phase where we could not put her down without waking her. THAT was really frustrating.

GL mama, it usually takes me about a week to really rearrange a baby's sleep schedule.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:14 AM   #35
shesmyfirst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sorry mama, only time for a super quick reply here, but having read all the sleep books-- weisbluth, nocry/pantley, kim west sleep lady shuffle, the australian tizzie hall close to the kim west, etc. -- I know that almost all would recommend an earlier bed time for an 11 mo. Weisbluth is particularly good on sleep times/rhythyms and I know not only would he REALLY want your dd to be napping (yay, I know, how, right!!!?) but at least try to get her in bed by 7 PM, if she is not napping I would even try earlier a bit like 645 or even 630 PM. But definitely try earlier. It might help!!! That's the first thing I thought of, of course that won't be a blanket solution for your dd, but I do think it would help. GL!!!
shesmyfirst is offline   Reply With Quote