Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

WWYD eBay question

I bought a set of clothes on eBay. It was advertised at 2 baby gap outfits, 18-24 months. The pics showed 2 polo shirts, and 2 pairs of khakis. My package finally arrived and neither shirt is baby gap. 1 shirt is 3T, 1 pants are 2T xl (with a huge stain on the pant leg) the other is 2T. Only one shirt is actually size 18-24. I won the set for about $6, and she charged $4.90 shipping.
The package reflects she actually paid $8 for shipping, so i don't feel like I should necessarily ask for a refund when I only paid $11, and she only made a profit of $3. But, I would never have wanted these outfits if I'd known the sizes and just feel that they were totally misrepresented since out of the 4 items, only 1 is actually sized 18-24, and neither shirt is even gap brand.

Between the cloth booty and the fact he is under 25th percentile for height, I'm pretty confident ds will never need size 2T xl (extra long) pants, and since he just turned 1, it will be a while before we need 2T let alone 3T.

Advertisement

ho11yb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

Re: WWYD eBay question

Here is what the listing said about the items
This is a lot of Boys Gap Clothing *18-24 m. in EUC! Im cleaning out all of my kids baby cloths so I have lots of great listings For Boys and Girls.. all name brand clothes like BabyGap, Old Navy, Polo, Carters, LL Bean and much more!!! Check out my other listings.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Contact her and ask to return them on her dime. That's not cool at all. I wouldn't feel bad at all because she grossly misrepresented the items.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

First, figure out what you'd like. Do you want to return them or do you want a partial refund? Then send the seller a message stating that the items were misrepresented (size, brand and staining). It's not your fault the seller didn't know how much shipping would be. And you shouldn't be out money because she misrepresented the items she was selling. If you don't get a positive response, open a PP claim and leave appropriate fb.
Sorry you're dealing with this.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
hiding57
Registered Users
seller

Don't feel bad that she paid a lot to ship it, she should have taken more care to list her items properly, that's not a little oversight. If I were you i'd ask her to either return them with her paying return shipping, or just refund the entire thing.
hiding57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
jveprek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can't feel bad for her, she should not have described them anywhere near how she did, that is wrong on her part. I'd e-mail her, tell her you are unhappy because they were misrepresented, tell her why, and ask her what she can do to solve the problem, and see what she says.
jveprek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone. I did send a message to the seller. I haven't heard back yet, but noticed the seller says she will take returns but I'd be responsible for return shipping. I told her I'd be willing to return but only if she pays the return shipping cost. I will just have to wait and see what happens.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Maybe she accidentally sent you the wrong package? I did this with some of my etsy orders. it was a HUGE mess. I sent one lady 2 packages, one that was hers and one that wasn't, one lady another lady's package, and one lady no package. All in all I had to re-do two orders and I felt awful! Luckily I emailed the gals involved (3 gals total) and explained everything and they were very nice and wonderful. so, I'd wait and see what she says cuz i had NO idea I did this until lady 1 emailed me that she got a 2nd package. Seriously it was a mess! Sooo, anyway, maybe she was a nutso like me and totally messed up but is willing to make ammends, or maybe she just isn't a good seller.