Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:42 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Those with LO's who are still BFing and can talk....

Originally Posted by knibert View Post
I just finished nursing my almost two year old and he would say (even after we stopped and just the day before yesterday too) "I want it, Muk" but now that it's been a month, after he says it I do a sly smile and then we both just laugh.
My DS says, "muk", too

When he wants milk sometimes he'll just say, "muk". Other times he says, "mama muk, peeeease mum!". He has come off the boob a couple times and commented on the taste. "Mmm, yum!" was one thing he said. And, "deeeericious!" is another. Recently I've asked him a couple times what mama milk tastes like. His response; "cows muk". Really?! Sheesh...I was expecting something so much better!

Katie, loving wife to creative genius DH, Bob, and SAHM to the amazing Arlo (Dec15 '08)
Qbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

Well Ducky calls nursing ki-tty (one way ki-tty or two way ki-tty depending if he wants to nurse on one side or both. Don't ask how he came up with that name as I'm not too sure). Now he comes and say ken eye pweash has ki-tty? I pwomish eye bee good. It's funny though, he hasn't night/nap nursed for at least a year if not longer and if he is half asleep and feels me next to him he will try to nurse (like, if my face is near his he will start sucking on my cheek/nose before I realize what's going on).

It's not what he says about BF that I find funny so much as what he does. I have nursed just about every toy we own from Thomas the train to stuffed turtles because beebee hungwy mami And there was that one incident when we were at Walmart and passed the intimates section. You would've though Justin Bieber had shown up at a girl scout meeting with all the squeals he made when he saw all the mannequins with the bras
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:33 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
My absolute favorite is when he finishes one side, signs "all done" then looks at the other side & signs "more milk please".
So cute!

DS used a lot of signs for milk and more, but I don't remember him talking much about it. He was pretty quiet except for the tons of signs he knew. We stopped nursing at 19 months.
Christine , married to M , mother to 4yo DS J and 2yo DD E !
Visit for thorough book reviews of young adult books
Visit my blog Why We Love Green to read about saving money while saving the earth! (Plus Reviews & Giveaways!)
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote