Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-24-2006, 02:40 AM   #1
Registered Users
Newborn cd recommendations

Could anyone share with me which diapers you recommend for newborns and why? I've had a lot of recommendations for kissaluvs for newborns, but most also recommend I try a couple of different brands and styles. My dh isn't on the bandwagon for cd'ing, so I'd like whatever is going to be easiest so I can hopefully convert him!

Kellyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:06 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Newborn cd recommendations

Currently we mostly have Fuzzi Bunz xsmalls. My husband likes that they are pretty much a one piece system after they're stuffed. To him, they're just as easy as sposies. I have a picture thread of my daughter in them floating around here somewhere so you can see the fit. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Abby's almost four weeks, so I am right in the middle of it.
~wife to The Husband , mom to my clan!
Abigail (05/06), Emmett (10/07), Eleanor (07/09), Hyrum (05/11), Lorenzo (04/13), and Heidi (05/15).
blondeviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:11 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've cded two newborns...both being 8 lbs. at birth.
My must have's are infant prefolds, newborn proraps and newborn gerber covers.
I don't start buying the cute WAHM's covers till size small.
Carrie, Mom to 7, ages 15, 14, 12, 10, 8, 4 and 2
Get polymailers and other mailing supplies here...
cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:12 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I actually used kissaluvs without a cover at home.. infant pees werent big enough to soak through onto something else (I would throw a bummis or something over it for out and about) and I wanted to change after every pee so ds didnt get used to feeling wet. I found kissas held nb bf poo better than a prefold. I did NOT try bunches of different styles of nb fitteds however because I was able to find EUC kissas for cheaper and they fit fine. I would start with whatever you could get cheapest with EUC - I will tell you that older/well used kissas the leg elastic tends to stretch out.. if you need the elastic to function at its tightest because of teeny legs.. new may be better than used... they have a seconds website that may be restocked intime for you! Just remember.. they change sizes sooo fast whatever you get wont be the "right fit" for long or even fit at all for long... I think I got 2 months out of the size 0 kissas.

Merisong is offline   Reply With Quote