Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #21
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: What diapers are you loving right now?

I'm a simple gal so prefolds/covers are our go-to system. I am sure I would love other stuff if I tried it, but right now I am loving a LL infant pf snappied inside of a thirsties duo size one (I use premium pf with size 2 duo for DD who is PLing). This is what DS has been wearning since a few days old. Now he is 5 wks, 21 1/4 in, and weighs 8 lb 15 oz. It is pretty big on him, but I like the fluffy butt and don't mind since it has been bullet-proof against leaks/blowouts. I'm shocked that it fits to be honest because he is so long and skinny. He is a little bean pole and his legs are like twigs, but it works!

ETA: PF users...do you find that your LO soaks them pretty quickly? DS pees through an infant size so fast so we're changing A LOT, which means a good bit of diaper laundry. I just hate for him to be wet. Sometimes I fold a preemie pf in there too, but it really doesn't seem to help all that much.

Advertisement

Last edited by BabyD'sMommy; 02-23-2011 at 01:48 PM.
BabyD'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #22
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Desirae, personally i think pfs hold plenty of pee - but sometimes they pee a lot all at once! They hold more than a few ozs at a time. Its really amazing their little bladders can hold that much
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #23
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:

My diaper frustration for the day...

I figured since my oldest is starting to PL and hold his pee for longer that out pocket diapers weren't absorbent enough to deal with the floods. Well I noticed today that a few of his day time diapers and half of his night time diapers have delaminated. Well as soon as our baby is big enough I was planning on sharing the stash of diapers between the two of them. I don't know if I'm going to have enough diapers now. I don't know what happened and now DH thinks that the diapers are horrible now since they are broken and leaking.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #24
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyD'sMommy View Post
ETA: PF users...do you find that your LO soaks them pretty quickly? DS pees through an infant size so fast so we're changing A LOT, which means a good bit of diaper laundry. I just hate for him to be wet. Sometimes I fold a preemie pf in there too, but it really doesn't seem to help all that much.
My DS soaks a prefold totally...I mean not just the front, it wicks all the way to the back as well...it also soaks into the binding on the gussets on the Thristies Duo covers...do you have this issue? I am going crazy having to wash the covers so much. I have five covers, but we go through all five in a day. I change him after every feeding (like every two hours) and check him in between. He is just a heavy wetter when he goes I guess...Any suggestions? The good news is that his runny BF poos do not blow out of the prefolds/covers.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #25
BeastMasterMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed1018 View Post
My DS soaks a prefold totally...I mean not just the front, it wicks all the way to the back as well...it also soaks into the binding on the gussets on the Thristies Duo covers...do you have this issue? I am going crazy having to wash the covers so much. I have five covers, but we go through all five in a day. I change him after every feeding (like every two hours) and check him in between. He is just a heavy wetter when he goes I guess...Any suggestions? The good news is that his runny BF poos do not blow out of the prefolds/covers.
My little guy is a heavy wetter, too. We use the thirsties too, and have the same problem- the gusseting gets wet, along with the top part that's folded over inside. (I hope that makes sense!) I usually take the wet covers and let them air dry unless they are COMPLETELY soaked or poop got on them. After they're dry, I reuse them one or two more times. This lets me use the same 2 or 3 covers all day- I have about 6 covers, I think. I don't have a problem with it, though I guess some people might think it's gross...

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40
BeastMasterMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #26
ashmomof4
Registered Users
seller

My baby is almost 9 lbs, and 7 weeks old. I LOVE the single small swaddlebee (original pocket, side snaps) best, and the small fuzzibunz snapped to the smallest setting are just starting to fit her well (a bit of room at the waist but nothign worth complaining about)
ashmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #27
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sara--I don't think that's gross...after all, as mom's we go around with some sort of body fluid on us for most of the day (breastmilk, spit-up, pee, or my favorite "OMG, is that poop on my hand...again..."). However, DH thinks it is gross, so everytime he does a diaper change and the gussets are wet, he puts it in the diaper pail.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #28
Kama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use prefolds, infants and trimmed infants. I mean I guess he does soak them pretty good but I am not expecting a diaper to be dry when I take it off. We don't get leaks, even overnight so I am happy with the absorbency. I also change him as soon as I notice he is wet, whether its just a bit damp or completely drenched, I do the same thing with disposables. I don't think my daughter was ever in a diaper more than 3 hours the entire time she was in diapers (unless she was asleep or dry for an extended period). Heck when she was close to potty learning I just changed her pull ups sometimes because they felt crumpled and used up to me, looked uncomfy.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things donít always spoil the good things and make them unimportant- The Doctor
Kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #29
javapink
Registered Users
seller

6 weeks tomorrow, 9 lbs 4 oz as of last Thursday. I'm loving the BG AIOs. She can still fit the xs, but I'm liking the smalls better because they seem like they can hold more. I'm just trying to find an insert that will make it more absorbent. I've put a flip newborn in the pocket, and that helps a little bit, but not much.
javapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #30
BLightyear
Registered Users

Hi I hope you dont mind me crashing your due date threads, but I have only just started using the forum!

My boy is 6 weeks and 9lb 4 oz. We stared off with bamboo prefolds with Thirsties covers (XS and duo wrap). Then I started to get out my onesizes and fitted. DH still uses only prefolds, I think because that is now what he knows. I tried to explain all of the other types, but it was probably too much, I should label them
I have been using my new Thirsties duo fab fitteds which are great!
I am also liking my Pop-in Dream Dri's, by Close Parent. They are almost dry straight out of the wash. And I like how trim the fuzzibunz xs is, but I'm not confident in takin him out in it, as it doesn't have the extra leg protection.
BLightyear is offline   Reply With Quote