Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #11
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How off could my due date be based on early utrasound? I know it's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady101 View Post
How many weeks were you when they told you your due date based on ultrasound? Early ultrasound before 12 weeks is very accurate, before 8 weeks is even better.
I proved that theory wrong 7 weeks 4 days and was told I was 6 weeks 6 days. This was by my conception date, not my LMP. So yeah no question U/S was off.

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, babies grow at such different rates later in pregnancy (hence why you have a 7 lb baby and I have a 10 lb baby at 40 weeks, for instance) that I don't think a later u/s is going to be more reliable. Statistically, early u/s is just more accurate for dating--though it can definitely be off.

This may ultimately be an unresolvable mystery--all these tools are just going to yield good estimates (some better than others). Even LMP is just going to give you an estimate.

Maybe your best bet is to talk to your doctor about what the consequences might be if you go into labor at a certain point and see if you can come to some compromise about how you and your doctor will handle the birth, depending on when you go into labor.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
I proved that theory wrong 7 weeks 4 days and was told I was 6 weeks 6 days. This was by my conception date, not my LMP. So yeah no question U/S was off.
Since sperm can live up to 5 days, I don't think that proves anything. A few day maybe, but I think a few days I acceptable range, I doubt it'd be off by two weeks.

Op- your ob is saying July 1st bc they are estimating you o date of July 14th, based on a standard 28 day cycle. It really does not matter when is listed as your lnmp, only when you o. For example, my lnmp is aug 13,2009.. And obviously I am not that pregnant lol!

If you are 100% certain you are further along, and go into labor at 35 weeks (37 by your count) demand an amnio before allowing them to stop labor.. They can give you drugs you don't consent to.

Ftr, my early dating at ten weeks was off by 1 day (I charted and knew when I o'd but played dumb bc my lnmp edd would have been wrong)

Last edited by tygr2410; 02-16-2011 at 06:25 PM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
Steady101
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
Well they can still be off by up to a week that early. It depends on when you ovulated and when it implanted.

Want cash back for shopping at AMAZON? Want to be paid INSTANTLY? Click here
Steady101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #15
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

At my first u/s this pregnancy, by LMP, I should have been 8wks 4days. The U/S showed 7wks 6days. I was concerned and the tech said, "it's the same", meaning less than a week is not a concern. My OB concurred and did not change my EDD. I KNOW what day we DTD(the only one that month) and I know when I ovulated. Obviously, I had a late implanter.
OP, I would think the original EDD is probably right. At this point, at least one of the drs you have seen would have noticed a 2wks discrepancy, I would think.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #16
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:
Re: How off could my due date be on early utrasound? Update in 16.

A little update and some clarification-

To clarify - I was EBF and having random periods. I know I had one mid june because we were away and I was anoid - although I did not have one before for a few months. I missed my period in July and Aug - duh that would be because I was expecting but I just thought those were due to nursing. When I "found out" I was expecting in late Aug I could really have been anywhere from just a few days to several weeks - I was several weeks.

NOW for the Update - My DD had another ultrasound last week because I was in pre-term labour. She is HUGE, OB's words not mine! That is why I "feel" further along because she is "roughly - as it is an estimate" the same size NOW as my two oldest Full term children!!! She is going to be most likely SEVERAL pounds bigger then her oldest two brothers. The OB did change my EDD by three days I think to make me feel better more then anything.

At last check LO is now 34 and 2 and somewhere between 6 and 7 pounds ALREADY (Ultrasound said est 6 pounds one week ago) My fundal height is around 38 - 39 weeks! I am still having LOTS of contractions but am not progressing THANK GOODNESS. They will deliver her without complaint at 36 and 0 at the hospital I want to go to. BUT I found out she is breech too - so given her probable size and breech presentation I am most probably looking at my first C. It's up to me BUT I've already had one 36 hour labour of a baby who was "stuck" and I don't want to do that EVER again.

Last edited by mg5g; 02-24-2011 at 01:14 PM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #17
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Good luck mama! I hope she turns for you! With my YDD I had everyone completely freaked that she was huge and she was born at 7lbs 11oz at 40 weeks 2 days. My perinatologist measured her at over 5.5lbs at 32 weeks and close to 10 pounds at 39 weeks. My fundal height was consistently 4 weeeks big and even the high risk doc. was warning me about delivering a 10lb baby. Thank god she wasn't 10lbs cause even at 7 11 she got stuck and has nerve damage as a result. I hope your little one comes healthy and easily for you!

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #18
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Thanks PP.

I've had a 6.0 and a 6.5 both "full term" one was 37.0 and the other was 38.4.

My next LO was "huge" to me at 7.11 also born at 38.4.

DD is tracking to be bigger then my 7.11 - I had no trouble with him it was my 6.5 that was stuck due being in a poor position. I am far more worried about a vag delivery of a baby in poor position then anything, and there is no way I feel confident to try to deliver a vag-breech-10 pounder - I don't need that hero cookie

Last edited by mg5g; 02-24-2011 at 02:24 PM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #19
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like you've got it mostly sorted out... Now just hang in there for atleast 12 more days, and get her to flip