Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
iamvika
Registered Users

Low-Carb Recipes

So here's the deal - I'm really really bad at dieting. After reading a book that, pretty much, changed my life, I am now doing a low-carb way of eating.
I have absolutely no will-power, so I am skeptical about how well I'll do.

Here are the things I am not eating: Potatoes, rice, pasta, flour, breads, sugar, corn, carrots, grapes, bananas.

Has anyone done any low-carb diets and have any good recipes? I'm only on day 3 and all I can think of is meat and greens.

Advertisement

iamvika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Low-Carb Recipes

If you have a copy of the Aktins book, there is a REALLY good recipe for cupcakes that uses almond flour and splenda. They're very very sweet but they hit the spot when you're wanting to hold someone at gunpoint for chocolate!

I did a lot of eggs (omlettes, crustless quiche, etc) and lots of salads with tuna/chicken/etc. One of my favourite snacks was celery and peanut butter, as well as sliced turkey wrapped around cheese strings. Vinta crackers are quite low in carbs as well - I would do tuna with Mrs Dash on it, some cubed brick cheese and 6 or 7 Vinta crackers for lunch most days.

I did find that the atkins bread (or any low carb bread) is a waste of $. They're just smaller slices. If I really wanted some, I'd use 1 slice of some sort of grain bread (fewer net carbs - remember to subtract the fibre from the total carbs ) and cut it in 1/2 for a sandwich.

Also, if you're not looking for Atkins-ish low-carb, you can also just follow a diabetic diet.

PM me if you want me to look up any recipes for you in my book.