Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #31
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If my mom tries to touch me one more time I'm going to break her fingers (vent)

good to see so many people have mostly crazy belly rubbing mothers as well.

I've just gotta quit being around her so much. lol I think i will grab her boob the next time she tries it though. I liked that. lol

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #32
DommysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If my mom tries to touch me one more time I'm going to break her fingers (vent)

I guess I'm the odd ball here. My mother gave me life. She wiped my butt without my permission for years. She fed me. She clothed me. She gave her life to me. And if she wants to touch my stomach to feel close to her baby's growing child, than I would never dream of taking that from her. My mom is my whole world, and I could see the love on her face when she could feel close to my unborn baby. I can only imagine the pain on her face if I had told her to stop. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.
Strangers on the other hand...not cool.
And the comment about kneeing her in the face? Made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Last edited by DommysMommy; 02-25-2011 at 09:59 AM.
DommysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #33
RedSoxFan
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't think I'll have this problem with my mom, but I've definitely heard friends talking about their experiences with strangers in stores, that kind of thing.

So I'm going to make a shirt that says "Chuck Norris tried to rub my belly and I beat him up"

Since there are all those Chuck Norris jokes out there, I figured, that might get my point across if even he gets beat up for touching me. haha.
RedSoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #34
kcanders
Registered Users
seller

My sister did this whenever I saw her with my last baby. It drove me crazy and then she would try to make me feel guilty about not wanting her to rub it. She also always wanted me to talk about my pregnancy. Drove me crazy. It was my third baby, and there really wasn't much to say.
kcanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #35
3sweetboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
My mom presses her face into my stomach and talks. It skeeves me out!!!

My mother was SOOOO annoying with all of my pregnancies! She felt the need to touch me ALL THE TIME! It was never just a touch after I got really big either. She had to rub the entire belly in this big circular motion. I started announcing that I intended to slap every person that touched me every time I saw them!
3sweetboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #36
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just got back from my MFM appointment, and the NP there rubbed my belly! I don't even like her, and she was just passing by in the hallway!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #37
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have never had a problem with it,my mom doesn't touch me ever so that's not an issue and a few strangers have rubbed my belly over the years but it has never bothered me. On the other hand I have never had the desire to rub anyone's belly. I guess some people love to do that but it never occurred to me to walk up to someone and touch body parts.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #38
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm, I'm going to have to give a different view here. My mom never wanted to touch my belly. In fact, she really wasn't that interested in my babies, period. This is the woman who didn't even come to the hospital untill 2 days AFTER I delivered. With dd2 I was home for four days before she even visited. I know it drives you all crazy, but you are so lucky your mothers care enough to WANT to touch their grandchildren. Yeah it's a little nutty, but so what? I think it is totally sweet and I hope I get to touch my daughters bellies when they are pregnant with my grandchildren. I'd sure hate to think they would all be on DS calling me crazy. Anyways, just my two cents.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #39
DalesWidda
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirinsmomma View Post
I'd just slap her. That is ridiculous.
Honestly, I think it's ridiculous to say you would willingly slap your mother.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #40
DalesWidda
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmommy View Post
the creepiest thing that ever happened to me while i was preggers with DS is a group of 4 door to door evangelists (sp?) prayed over my unborn son. freaked me the heck out!
I think that's great honestly. We were on the prayer list at church when I was pregnant. Lots of people praying for the health and safe arrival of a new life.