Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
katherinekkm
Registered Users
seller

cleaning desitin from fuzzibunz microfleece

So a couple of days ago DH put one of our nearly new (as in just purchased a couple of weeks ago) FuzziBunz onto DS along with some Desitin. I read over various ways of cleaning the diaper, and scrubbed with Dawn with hot water. It seemed to have worked, and DH even used the diaper today with no leaks, but when I put it in the wash with a few other soiled diapers I noticed that the areas that the Desitin touched are much whiter and thicker when the microfleece is wet than other areas on the diaper, and it seemed to not absorb water as quickly. I did a lot of scrubbing and cleaning and thought that I had managed to get most of the cream, but it seems that there is still some left. Any suggestions? I was really bummed when I found out DH did that as I have been very careful about properly using and caring for our diapers, only to be foiled by the DH!

Advertisement

katherinekkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: cleaning desitin from fuzzibunz microfleece

I would try to scrub it again with a toothbrush and some Dawn. Sorry, mama I hope you can fix it.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
I would try to scrub it again with a toothbrush and some Dawn. Sorry, mama I hope you can fix it.
what she said
Old 02-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That sucks! I would just keep scrubbing with dawn. And throw the desitin out so it doesn't happen again in the future!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
SoniaAndreia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Noah&Isaac View Post
That sucks! I would just keep scrubbing with dawn. And throw the desitin out so it doesn't happen again in the future!
im always fearful dh will see that tube there and try to use it, but i do enjoy keeping it around. i use it with a flips sposie insert.
SoniaAndreia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
CarrieJ
Registered Users

tooth brush, dawn, and a LOT of elbow grease. I did the same thing and it took several 20-minute brushing sessions until it all came out. Ugh!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
katherinekkm
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Noah&Isaac View Post
I bought some CJ's butter, since people here have recommended it. Until it arrives we've been keeping the Desitin around as well as a few sposies, as DH is still getting comfortable with the idea of using cloth. It's been a gradual transition (for example, we still have disposable wipes - but just got some Quilter's Nappies wipes in the mail today!!!) and mostly going well, except that DH has some trouble shifting gears. He's really supportive, just (i suppose unsurprisingly) less mindful of details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieJ View Post
tooth brush, dawn, and a LOT of elbow grease. I did the same thing and it took several 20-minute brushing sessions until it all came out. Ugh!
Ugh is right. I'll go back and try some more scrubbing. Thanks!
katherinekkm is offline   Reply With Quote