Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Re: wwyd?? bullying.

averysmom, I wish I'd sat with you on the bus. maybe we could've defended each other ;-)

Advertisement

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
Sleep deprived
Registered Users

Oh man. There's no right answer.

I was also that kid. The school absolutely has a role to play, but it can't be the whole answer. The school can't turn a blind eye. On the other hand, some form of push-back has to come from your daughter, or the bullying will just get sneakier and meaner to avoid the notice of the teachers.

Can you role-play through what happened with your daughter? I know I used to always talk things through with my mom, until eventually I had a comeback ready when the bullying started, instead of hours later. (The French have a word for it - esprit de l'escalier I think? You know, when the perfect response comes to you right after it would have been useful?)

Real life example:
bully: you're so stupid you don't even shave your legs (why was this even an issue at 12?)
me: at least I don't look like an electrocuted poodle, you permed sociopath.

(man, the eighties sucked...)
Sleep deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #13
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It sounds like you are dealing with it as far as school goes, I am just wondering if it is possible for you to pick her up at school so she doesn't even have to be on the bus with her at all?

I am so sorry for your daughter. I was made fun of but no more than most other kids. I wouldn't say I was bullied but I have seen some of the things kids are doing these days and I cannot believe it. Keep showing your dd that you support her and that she is so important to you and that she is LOVED. Having a good home life will last far beyond the school years.

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #14
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck mama. I would start by emailing the guidance counselor, principal, and her teacher. I am a middle school teacher, and this time of year, there is a TON of drama. Often, it is "he said she said" nonsense that gets blown out of proportion. Kids have no regard for the feelings of others, and are flat out mean. While obviously this other girl needs to be punished, from experience, she will probably just get sneakier about it. I would ask that your daughter's seat be moved on the bus, and her schedule changed so they are not in any classes together.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote