Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #21
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Post your Cover Pictures Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama View Post
Zabi and Renee can you tell me a bit about the Nikki you have posted. It looks super trim. Do you get wicking at all?
I don't get wicking with my Nikky. I thought for SURE I would since its got a cotton outer. But she was outside playing with daddy wearing a pinned pf and the nikky so shedidn't come in for a diaper change for a while. When she did it had been three hours since she had been changed. (normal change every two hours) . I was sure that cover was going to be wet and leak through to her pants. Nope. pants were completely dry and her cover was completely dry with a very wet pf inside!

HTH

Advertisement

ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #22
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama View Post
Are they as trim as they look? Any drawbacks w/ them.
Thank you Deanna
They are super trim.

ONe drawback I have found is every time i trifold she gets a red mark on her hip. I think from the velcro? I Can't figure it out. Its no big deal for us because we pin/snappi most of the time. It has a bit of a narrow crotch but the gussets make everything nice and tuckable.

I love this cover over a snappied flat. Unbeatable trimness.

Here is my post where I posted my pics and review.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...2&postcount=70

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 03-01-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #23
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:

Never had a leak with these! I use the waterproof cotton, heavy duty poly and wool.
Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #24
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
ONe drawback I have found is every time i trifold she gets a red mark on her hip. I think from the velcro? I Can't figure it out. Its no big deal for us because we pin/snappi most of the time. It has a bit of a narrow crotch but the gussets make everything nice and tuckable.
We had the same issue. Cecilia my first was a late trainer and Nickky were some of the only covers that had a rise long enough for her but then though I really had to trifold and she often got those hip red marks.. Sehs never did when she was younger and I fastened a diaper on her..

you can kinda see the redness near her hips but also how trim this was we used a standard sized prefold in them with her.

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #25
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
We had the same issue. Cecilia my first was a late trainer and Nickky were some of the only covers that had a rise long enough for her but then though I really had to trifold and she often got those hip red marks.. Sehs never did when she was younger and I fastened a diaper on her..

Deanna
That is interesting that you had the same issue... I wonder why? I need to try to figure out what it is but Im not motivated because I just don't trifold that often. For us its only on one side.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #26
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I PM'd you, Zabibaby, a few days ago to ask you a question. I want to try a Nikky cover as well!
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #27
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
That is interesting that you had the same issue... I wonder why? I need to try to figure out what it is but Im not motivated because I just don't trifold that often. For us its only on one side.
I can't remember if it was jsut one side or not.. It never seemed to bug her so I didn't really worry but yea it only happened after we started trifolding never with a fitted or fastened prefold.

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #28
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just chiming in on the nikky covers..I use the breathable poly and breathable cotton. My ds's clothes never get damp even in the cotton nikky and a soaked prefold underneath. Great covers! They are as trim as they look but what I like most is they seem super comfy!

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #29
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiknox View Post
How do you like the zookies covers? Super trim cover? Are they snug fitting over your trifolded pfs? Wick or leak? Thanks!
The one DS is wearing in that pic is actually too big for him--I wanted him to be able to wear it this spring and summer. They are GREAT diapers! She let me test a one-size she's working on, and it's a great fit. It's got a super-wide range too--DS is already on the highest rise setting on his econobums, but only on the second rise setting on the zookies. It works great for trifolding, and I've never had any leaks.

The ONLY thing is...I've had trouble with the front of the cover sagging down under the aplix and the top of the aplix rubbing on DS's tummy. She's been very nice trying to figure out why, and she offered to try making me another one with the aplix higher, but I wouldn't let her. She said she sells mostly snap ones so she's never had that problem before. She's so nice I hate to even mention that, but I would want someone to tell me before I bought an aplix one.

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:16 AM   #30
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am really wanting to try the rainbow Nikkys. Can you wash them w/ the other diaper stuff (no special instructions)?