Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
yellowdog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Any experience with GroVia diaper covers?

Like I really need to find another cover that I'm interested in trying out, especially since I have four months until LO arrives!

Any thoughts on GroVia's diaper cover? I'll be using it mostly with prefolds but a few fitteds will be thrown in as well. And I know not to expect a OS to have a good fit in the beginning. I've already got some smaller covers in my stash.

I've got a $10 off Amazon code staring at me but too many things I'd like to spend it on!

Advertisement

yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
lullaby80
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Any experience with GroVia diaper covers?

We have one GroBaby aplix cover (the previous version of GroVia) and I LOVE it! So incredibly trim. We use it with padfolded flats and disposable inserts. Not sure how long it will fit but while it lasts, it will get used a lot. HTH
lullaby80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

The cover is part of an AI2 system, so it's not as full coverage as regular covers. It is best for it's snap in soakers, trifolded prefolds, or something similar. I've seen photos of it working over fastened prefolds but that was when the baby was quite little. I only used them when my daughter was older and no way could I have fit them over a fitted diaper.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
yellowdog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QHoneyB View Post
The cover is part of an AI2 system, so it's not as full coverage as regular covers. It is best for it's snap in soakers, trifolded prefolds, or something similar. I've seen photos of it working over fastened prefolds but that was when the baby was quite little. I only used them when my daughter was older and no way could I have fit them over a fitted diaper.
Thanks for this info! It's the prints that are really attracting me to this cover. I may have to reconsider if they won't work quite as well over prefolds and fitteds.
yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
Len27
Registered Users
seller

This cover is my absolute FAVOURITE for trifolding. I like trifolded prefolds in it better than the actual snap-in inserts. Because it's so trim the prefold absolutely doesn't move in it, it's brilliant.
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
yellowdog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len27 View Post
This cover is my absolute FAVOURITE for trifolding. I like trifolded prefolds in it better than the actual snap-in inserts. Because it's so trim the prefold absolutely doesn't move in it, it's brilliant.
How old and big is the baby/toddler you're using these on? I'm a bit concerned about just trifolding in the beginning and containing EBF explosions.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
2peanuts1pumpkin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just got a couple of these to use with prefolds and flip inserts, and I LOVE them!!! No leaks at nap time at all! I am able to get them over a snappied prefold, if I really roll the prefold in at the legs. My boys are around 17-18 lbs, and skinny. HTH
2peanuts1pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
jenny3AZbabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love mine, I can get them over a snappied prefolds and trifolded prefolds as well. My son is 21 pounds, 9.5 mos and is in the middle snap setting. Here is a pic, it is either the snap in insert or a snappied prefold
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
yellowdog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2peanuts1pumpkin View Post
I just got a couple of these to use with prefolds and flip inserts, and I LOVE them!!! No leaks at nap time at all! I am able to get them over a snappied prefold, if I really roll the prefold in at the legs. My boys are around 17-18 lbs, and skinny. HTH
Yes, that definitely does help. I think I'll try one out and see what I think. I can always put it on FSOT if it doesn't work.

jenny3AZbabies - Thanks for the photo! I told you it has been hard to stay within budget while having a CD addiction.