Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #31
usandthegirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think i am going to stop BF!

I don't know what to tell you about the allergies, BUT don't quit BF'ing to make them better. They will most likely only get worse. Breastmilk is so much easier on a baby's body than formula.

Nurse her frequently, as often as she will take it. Really mama, she needs your milk.

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #32
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvozka View Post
I just wanted to tell you your situation sounds ALOT like my dd now 20 months. If your baby is that sensitive its not the milk but the protien "whey" and "casin" its found natually in all milk products, and in all animal milk products as well. My dd had blood in her stool, and nasty rash, screaming bloodly murder all day wasnt fun! I pretty much took EVERYTHING out of my diet still couldnt help her. Tried all kinds of formula nutramigen BTW DOES have milk protein in it and symtpoms usually take 3 weeks to show up. And guess what the 3rd week ALL dd's symtpoms came back. She was on a RX formula called Neocate from 2 months until about 15 months, now she is drinking almond milk at almost 20 months. If you have any quesions feel free to PM me Her soy allergy has passed so thats good but she HATES soy milk! LOL (HECK I dont blame her!)

Jen
Yeah we tried the nutramigin, and now we are on the neocate.

I have cut out EVERYTHING in my diet containning dairy or soy or eggs! Not even bread w/ milk. I shop at whole foods and get read the lables on everything! I am starting the Sears elimination diet tnight. Hopefully once I am sure that my system is cleaned put i can start BF again!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #33
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspink View Post
I don't have much advice, but wanted to offer (((((HUGS)))))

I don't understand though...if she's allergic to dairy AND soy, then what kind of formula can they put her on? Aren't formulas either dairy or soy based?

Ditto this post! My DS was a reflux baby too and had to be on two different meds for it (Zantac and Reglan). It's worth looking in to as reflux is way more common than people realize.
It is milk based but the milk protiens are pre-digested. Its called neocate.