Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #11
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: # of Kids and STUFF

Nope. How many kids is just what we've always felt we wanted, which is 3 kids super close in age and we are working on that. My DH has job stability with the military so the financial part isn't a worry. Everything else...the stuff, bigger cars, whatever, we will welcome them as kids come. I don't mind clutter at all, I don't mind driving a van, I don't mind having kids share rooms if we can't find a bigger house, etc.

Advertisement

hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
Well...I like having my little Prius (or maybe an Audi A3 TDI someday) but for us it really boils down to three things:

1. Hyperemesis Gravidarum
2. We are both 37
3. We think 2 is right for us

I totally get that some women just keep popping kids with HG, but I've had enough. I also did not enjoy the newborn stage of life and neither did my husband, what with the colic and late nights. We only have enough "whatever" to make it through that once more.
So I guess "stuff" is really far down on the list - but it is on the list, in terms of lifestyle capacity.
My doctor refused to diagnose me, but I had hyperemesis gravidarum too! The ONLY thing that makes me ever want to go through that again is that I have a very, very, very, very, very strong desire for DS to NOT be an only child. DS was also a terrible newborn, colic and crying and all. My only hope is that we are blessed with a "good baby" the next time!!!! If we aren't, then we will be DONE. NO MORE. Sometimes I even wonder if I shouldn't become pregnant again, but I know adoption is not an option for a very, very long time.. so pregnancy is the only choice. Ick.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #13
CaylaEP
Registered Users
seller
seller

I always wanted a big family..like 5 kids..but only if we can afford them and continue our active lifestyle. I want my kids to be able to do sports, music,art etc without having to worry about money so if we can only afford 2 or 3 ill be okay with that.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
CaylaEP
Registered Users
seller
seller

I always wanted a big family..like 5 kids..but only if we can afford them and continue our active lifestyle. I want my kids to be able to do sports, music,art etc without having to worry about money so if we can only afford 2 or 3 ill be okay with that.I wouldn't mind the stuff though as long as we are all happy!!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #15
bolstamomma
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaylaEP View Post
I always wanted a big family..like 5 kids..but only if we can afford them and continue our active lifestyle. I want my kids to be able to do sports, music,art etc without having to worry about money so if we can only afford 2 or 3 ill be okay with that.I wouldn't mind the stuff though as long as we are all happy!!!!

Yup ~ that's us too
Old 03-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #16
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

"stuff" does not dictate for us either...

DH hates condoms
I keep miscarrying

Eventually we will have another or we won't but it won't be because of what we have or don't have. I do agree with a PP that as parents we have a responsibility to provide, but if you can pop out 20 and give them a great life, more power to you
Old 03-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Totally Off Tpoic but I THANK you - I've never even heard of hyperemesis gravidarum but was in the hospital several times on IV therapy with DS1 due to severe morning sickness which I had for the first six months. I was medicated for it too, but couldn't keep the medication down either. I never knew it had a name!
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaylaEP View Post
This is us too. I don't mind giving up "stuff" as long as everyone is cared for. Right now we are expecting #3 and they each will have their own room until (if) we have #4. We bought a 3 bedroom/1 bath home and completely remodeled and added on so now we have a 4 bed/3.5 bath home. When we added on we purposely made one of the kids rooms huge so that we could have 2 or more kids in there if needed. I also have plans to add on again (these are my plans, not dh's- he did all the work of the first add on so he's not thrilled that I'm talking about doing it again!) and in that plan I have 2 more bedrooms and another bathroom over a giant family room so I think we can always make it work. We do take vacations every year but we use Christmas money for that instead of buying the kids a bunch of junk. We shop smart (except for my new wool addiction), we eat out at least once a week, we make things work now, we'll make things work with more kids.

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote