Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
buelowfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
**UPDATE**Flippin' Flips! I want to love you! (we're back together now)

****UPDATE****
We have started solids & had no problems since! Yay! I am a little more in love. Also, I let the Flips covers dry in the dryer for one cycle instead of line drying & they softened up, too. I am guessing any PUL cover can benefit from one initial dryer-drying cycle? I also wish I would have known about the jellyroll fold for prefolds before DD started solids 1 week later. We could have saved so much trouble! That jellyroll is miraculous! I will definitely use it with any future bambinos. Thanks for all the help Mamas!
***END UPDATE***

Ok...I just got 5 Flips to try out as I love our BG 4.0 pockets, but just got tired of stuffing. I thought. GREAT these Flips will fit the same and no stuffing. I planned to make my own inserts with stay dry on both sides so stains would not be an issue ever either as I am irritated by stains. Well, my ebf DD went 72 hours without a BM so I knew it would be explosive when it happened. I tightened the last several diapers on her just waiting for the explosion. She was having tummy time and scooting backwards across the floor when I noticed the poo puddle underneath her. It leaked out the front. No biggie, I am pretty sure that no diaper or cover could have contained that amount as every square inch of the trifolded Thirsties hemp duo pf and cover was filled with the wateriest poo ever. The problem is this--when I checked it in the wash, the poo had gotten between the layer of PUL and nylon that reinforces the rise snaps and discolored it yellow with nothing working to get it out. ARGH. I soooo wanted to love these. I am awake at night just trying to think of the perfect diaper combo and it doesn't exist. At the same time I was washing them, the final 2 that I received in a trade were delivered in my mail and those had stained inners, too, which the trading mama never mentioned (along with the snagged stretchy tabs & leg bindings) Oh well, I knew those wouldn't be perfect as they were used, but I am OCD about my diapers & soooo diasappointed that the staining issue exists. The makers of these need to reinforce the snaps with the same color PUL instead of the nylon. Anyone have luck getting ebf stains outta these covers? Sorry, but I had to rant.

**Cottonbabies recommended bleach. YIKES**

Advertisement

Last edited by buelowfamily; 03-08-2011 at 09:20 AM.
buelowfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flippin' Flips! I want to love you!

I dont think I have any stains like that on my flips, sorry mama!

I would contact cotton babies to see if they have any suggestions, maybe a good soak or something.

I have to say I do love my Flips!

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well that did happen to one of my Flip covers. I soaked ours in hot water & detergent....then run thru your normal dipe routine. Hope that this works for you.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
kefm
Registered Users
seller

We got that staining on our sweet colored flip ... it has lightened, but is still there. It doesn't bother me anymore, though it bugged me a lot when it first happened.
kefm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Huh, that's never happened with ours and we have had them for almost a year. Have you tried sunning them?

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I'd try sunning the covers. I haven't done it with a flip but sunning got the stains out of my thirsties gussets. I didn't think it'd work on pul but it did.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
mistyrg
Registered Users

Oh no . . . hopefully you can get it out! I LOVE our Flips!!!
mistyrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
scarlettrain
Registered Users
seller

All of our Flips are like that but it doesn't bother me. It's on the inside of the diaper anyway (and even underneath the insert), if it were on the outside that would be a no go for me! My goal is to convert the disposable mamas with my pretty diapers
Old 02-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
buelowfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks gals I never thought the sun would work on nylon or PUL, but it seems to have lightened somewhat

The staining was underneath the nylon & above the PUL from not being able to be agitated out in the wash. (if that makes sense?)

Cottonbabies just told me to try the 1/4 cup bleach. Uhm..no thanks--I'd rather have a stain than bleach my dipes!

I am loving how trim they are on my baby...we'll live with the problem I guess.

Last edited by buelowfamily; 02-15-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
buelowfamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bumping for updates! I hate to leave a negative post as a negative---to every problem, there is a solution...