Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Announcing your pregnancy?

Two questions really...

1- How did you announce it to your close family and friends (We're planning on waiting until 12 wks although a few people know already).

2- How did you announce it publicly on facebook? I won't be getting an ultrasound until 18-20 weeks or so.

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Announcing your pregnancy?

1- I made dd a "big sister" shirt to announce to a few people. Others we just told we were expecting. Some we hinted about being available in late March.

2- I think somebody did it for me. I'm not a big facebook announcer, so it didn't really occur to me. Somebody said congrats about it or something and then the questions came in and I answered from there. We don't wait for 12 weeks, so I was only about 5 or 6 weeks when everyone knew.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1- We also got a "big sister" shirt for our daughter to wear when my parents were coming into town. We let her wear it to each family-type get together the next week or so.

2- I didn't wait until we had an ultrasound picture (of course, we never really wait at all lol. We always say we're going to wait to announce, but get too excited). This last time I posted "Mama X 3!" on my status. I have a friend who put "One little, two little... 3 little Taylors." (their last name) I thought her idea was cute, but she just announced right before me, so I didn't want to steal it

Congrats Mama!
haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had my other 2 kids stage this photo and I emailed it out! It was sooooo exciting!
Ds really wasn't pulling dd hair and she faked the scream. I loved it
Old 03-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

I would do some version of big sister/biggest sister or big Last name/middle Last name and a shirt for you with Mrs Last name on the chest and Littlest Last name across your belly!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is what I posted on facebook:

"Cutest thing ever: R singing to my stomach. Why you ask? He was singing to the new baby that will be making his/her appearance at the end of summer "

It is true too, he likes to sing to the baby
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

We told our VIPs right away... 4-5 weeks, or as soon as we could see them in person. Everyone else was usually after we got a heartbeat, or until we just 'felt like it'.

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
minneapolismelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just got a iron on decal that says "I'm not monkeying around, I'm going to be a big brother" for my youngest to wear. We are going to take him over in it after our first u/s next week to tell in laws.
minneapolismelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

1 - The first person to find out was SIL because it came up and I first brushed it off that I wasn't pregnant (this was 6 or 7 weeks I think) but she asked again "No really, when are you due" so I told her. We told DH's family in person sometime at 7 weeks, then told my family when we went out to visit at 8 weeks. We told our other friends (who are pretty much family) and DH's step brother in the end of October when we went to visit them. That seems like a lot, but it isn't really that many people who knew. Everyone we told in person, so none of them minded not knowing ASAP it seemed like.

2 - I waited until after our 12 week appointment when I heard the heartbeat to announce it on Facebook to everyone, even though we didn't have the ultrasound until 18 weeks. I went back and actually looked up what I wrote and this is how we announced it: "Two Harts become THREE in May! And contrary to Chad's teasing, there was only one heartbeat earlier today "