Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #1
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
11 Month Milestone--WHOOHOOO!

Sam turned 11 months yesterday.... we've made it to 11 months of 100% breastfeeding! He's never had formula...or a bottle for that matter.

I promised myself we would nurse for a full year... and we're almost there! We'll have to see how well we do at weaning to a cup of milk (I plan on pumping him mamas milk rather than cow's milk at a year and HOPEFULLY cutting back on the nursing sessions) as to how long DS will actually get mama milk. Extended breastfeeding is certainly for a lot of people--but I'm just not sure how long I can keep this up--I give you mamas that do it a HUGE thumbs up though. I've never LIKED nursing DS....but it is easier and cheaper and better than formula--so that's why I promised a year.

DS only eats about 5 tbs of solid food in the evenings... so we're going to start giving him breakfast as well...but he's still nursing 'round the clock every 3 hours. Sigh. Mama's tired!! Is that bad?

At any rate.. I just wanted to share our milestone! Can you all believe he's almost a year old? It seems like I just joined to buy his newborn stash..(okay.. that was when I was 2 months pregnant..lol) and then posting his birth story.. and now BOOM... a year old!

Thanks always for your support!

Advertisement

Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Re: 11 Month Milestone--WHOOHOOO!

That's wonderful that you've made it this long, especially if you don't like it. You've done AWESOME for your baby!! WTG. I will tell you that he will probably begin to slow down soon anyway. My dd did and I've read that alot. Many women will even take it for self weaning but they really just get busy with everything else in life. LOL Anyway what I'm trying to say is that he'll probably start to miss feedings on his own. My dd is now 21 months but at about 12 months she went from like 6-8 feedings a day to 3-4 a day. That's about where she's at now unless we're home all day and she just want's to nurse for WHATEVER reason I love it and don't want it to be over but I understand that it is VERY tiring at some times.

WTG momma!! Time REALLY does fly by!!