Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2006, 03:02 PM   #41
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Re: At the pool breastfeeding... immodest?

OP, ITA that you should write a letter and let 'em have it. If you have a LLL, they'll cheerfully do a nurse-in there, I'm sure!

I rarely NIP anymore because Isabel is WAY to interested in her surroundings to stay focused and nurse - I have a hard time keeping her focused at home lying down in bed

My hubby has always been dying for someone to say something to me while I was BFing. I mean, truly, it was his fondest wish that someone would even look askance at me and he woulda been in their face. I'm pretty much the same way. I'm not a whip it out girl, but I don't fall over myself to be "discreet" either

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006, 02:44 PM   #42
theelf
Registered Users
seller

Mama, you are a lot nicer than I would have been. There would be no way I would try to be accomodating and cover up (Logan also believes blankets are for peek-a-boo). I would have had an absolute fit (involving media, nurse-ins, letters, etc).

Kim M.
theelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:44 PM   #43
CufrM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalynn
(BTW, I had DD in a sling nursing, the waitress only knew I was nursing because she looked into the sling to see my baby, without asking first...some people!)
I had that happen while I was grocery shopping once! This guy pulled down the sling, and said "whatcha got in..." then his voice trailed off & he put the sling back. It was hilarious! He was so nice about it though, that it really didn't bother me! And WTG for standing up for your rights, mamas!
CufrM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:00 PM   #44
Beckyspapercreations
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2zander
Yeah!! Who wants to eat under a blankie on a hot day!! I just dare anyone to say anything to me!! But they never have & I still occasionally bf my 24 mos old in public!!

It's one thing for someone to say that they themselves don't want to NIP, but to tell others they can't, that's nuts!! Cool that you know state laws!!
My 34 month old just weaned last month. I nip without a blanket up until he weaned and never had anybody make a negative comment. I did have a guy and a lady try to look in the sling when he was an infant and nursing. I stopped both of them and told them I was nursing.