Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #131
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Post-partum belly photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuScramble View Post
^ I can tell you my pregnancy #4 and especially #5 I did not look so blessed lol. I gained way more weight and it took longer to come off .. So this pregnancy I was determined to not... ehhh... blow up lol. I cut down sugar dramatically and I did prenatal yoga and pilates about 5 days a week, alternating between the yoga and pilates.

That's why I'm really excited to see the weight melt off, I worked real hard this pregnancy to not go crazy with my weight as my previous pregnancies did.. and my hard work paid off

eta: work outs I used:
shiva rae pregnancy yoga
10 minute solutions prenatal pilates
erin o'brien prenatal work out
When you say cut back on sugar, does that mean none at all? I know I need to cut back on sugar... but I take sugar in my coffee and won't use an artificial sweetener because it makes my ADHD go crazy, so think I could cut out most sugar but keep doing it in my coffee? I'm already doing pilates (shooting for 2 times a week), doing strength training for other major muscle groups 1-2 times a week, cardio 3 times a week and shooting for shiva rae's prenatal yoga at least once a week. I'm determined to not allow myself to blow up either I did a good job last pregnancy with weight gain, but not with working out. Hopefully this will be the thing that makes the difference!

Advertisement

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #132
LogansMommy2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Neat idea! I will have to do it once he comes in 3 weeks
LogansMommy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #133
crunch!910
Registered Users

16-18 mo PP, trying to lose weight... very slowly. I have other pics on page 11 of this thread. I had a 9 lb 13 oz baby, and I'm only 5'1, so I look like I have twin skin.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #134
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know its weird. But my face looked TOTALLY stupid. This picture was taken the day I delivered.

24 hours after I delivered. Ignore the messy bathroom...I swear its not that messy anymore! lol

Edit to say this could be my 48 hours photo actually? I cant remember! I'll have to check the date later...

I got REALLY lucky with my pregnancy.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING

Last edited by igotmywings; 03-13-2011 at 08:16 PM.
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:05 AM   #135
crunch!910
Registered Users

*drools at igotmywings*

I have a friend who looks very similar to you. I'm 18 mo PP,she's 2 mo PP. She asked me one day, "do you have a line that goes up from your belly button? I hate that. When does it go away?" I say to her.. "haha... I've got MANY lines" showed her my belly... and, well... I think that took care of some of her negative feelings about her belly. Hey, if my awful and terrible looking belly with loose skin and bazillion stretch marks can make others appreciate their nice bodies after babies... well, I'm glad at least it can bring someone a sense of appreciation for their body.

Once you lose just a little bit more of babyweight, which looks like it'll come off very easy and effortless!, yoou'll look like you've never had a baby! Oh, how I wish I had elastic skin and easy pregnancies I can just bounce back from. *sigh*
Old 03-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #136
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
*drools at igotmywings*

I have a friend who looks very similar to you. I'm 18 mo PP,she's 2 mo PP. She asked me one day, "do you have a line that goes up from your belly button? I hate that. When does it go away?" I say to her.. "haha... I've got MANY lines" showed her my belly... and, well... I think that took care of some of her negative feelings about her belly. Hey, if my awful and terrible looking belly with loose skin and bazillion stretch marks can make others appreciate their nice bodies after babies... well, I'm glad at least it can bring someone a sense of appreciation for their body.

Once you lose just a little bit more of babyweight, which looks like it'll come off very easy and effortless!, yoou'll look like you've never had a baby! Oh, how I wish I had elastic skin and easy pregnancies I can just bounce back from. *sigh*
Yeah my MIL is pregnant right now and keeps telling me she hopes she gets off lucky too...a lot of people don't believe I've had a kid..but then I show them my line that runs down the middle of my tummy lol. Eventually everyone's bodys go back so what they should be it just takes some people more time then others. I will say I have a TON of more work to do though before Im happy...theres still some "flab" I need to take care fo.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING

Last edited by igotmywings; 03-15-2011 at 12:25 AM.
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #137
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is me. Pre-pregnancy I was 100lbs. I gained 60lbs w/ DS1 and got back down to 105lbs before getting pregnant w/ DS2, when I again gained 60lbs. Now I'm back down to about 97lbs. Here's a photo of the wreckage my youngest is 18 months old

Old 03-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #138
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Beth--You look and sound like me...except you are taller than me. Don't feel sad...my stoamch is about 100 times worse than yours. I can loose my weight and get down to a my pre-preg. weight, but my stomach has tons of stretch marks and is like tons of wrinkly skin around my belly button.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #139
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
Beth--You look and sound like me...except you are taller than me. Don't feel sad...my stoamch is about 100 times worse than yours. I can loose my weight and get down to a my pre-preg. weight, but my stomach has tons of stretch marks and is like tons of wrinkly skin around my belly button.
I'm only 5'0'' so I'm not very tall But I hate how my belly looks like it should be on someone who's 80.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #140
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is about 2 days after he was born. I was pumped so full of fluids (the stupid hospital made a mistake) that I looked terrible, once that was gone i was back to "normal"

Two weeks PP

I wish I had a shot of the front of my stomach but I don't and I am pregnant again. I have no issue with wearing a bikini though, my stretch marks faded out nicely and were all lower on my stomach anyway.
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote