Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool Longies...NEVER again

Quote:
Originally Posted by imasupernova View Post
$40 is not too bad of a loss to know that it is not your thing. You may even be able to just sell them FSOT to recoup your money instead of sending them back and then paying an extra $5.99. Glad you did not buy more. It is not for everyone. I am afraid when my baby comes it won't work for us, even though I want to love it so much!
this is me too. I bought my first wool EVER for this baby and I am so afraid I'm going to hate it. I hope that you can make some of your money back!

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #12
chippybug10
Registered Users

Sounds like the Etsy seller's sizing is off imo. Fwiw, we do onesies under wool 24/7 and have no issues, but my DS isn't a very heavy wetter. Are you opposed to tshirts instead of onesies?
Old 03-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #13
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sizing is def. off on that etsy woolie. That should have fit.

I use onsies snapped OVER the longies all the time. They do not wick through the wool or cause problems. I don't think it looks too weird either.

I'm starting to get annoyed whenever someone tries to help with any of my laundry. Even when hubby does his own, that means he washed a tiny load and I'm stuck with a tiny load of my own.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #14
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wool isn't for everyone - but if you DID want to give it another shot, I'd highly reccomend taking measurements rather than the age size, since all babies are shaped differently. If you want a woolie that you can toss in the wash, I've try BBH wool wraps. I washed mine on the cold gentle cycle as directed, and once it even got tossed in with my dipes and went through a HOT wash and HOT dry and was 100% fine. Really hardy covers
Old 03-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
ArtHistoryChick
Registered Users
seller
seller

I always just left the onesies unsnapped when my DD wore wool. Didn't bother me or her. I would fold it under so it looked like a shirt. Some people actually cut off the snap part so it looks like a shirt. I'm a huge wool lover. It's not for everyone. But I enjoy everything about it down to washing and lanolizing it.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #16
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aw, sounds like a streak of bad-wooly-luck! Maybe try interlock... I interlock much more than knit for its practicality. Fleece covers are ok, but they get soooo stinky!! If I were going to use fleece, I would need a lot of covers to rotate. Interlock can usually survive a washer oopsie once or twice, and some is even made to be machine washable. We wear onesies over woolies almost daily, and even on my heavy wetting toddler overnight. If you have wicking, it is because the fitted underneath isn't absorbent enough, or you need to change the diaper, or the cover isn't lanolized or high enough wool content. Buy a Loveybums or WCW soaker, and I guarantee you will like it There are some NB/S soakers on loveybums.com in the seconds clearance and there is an additional 15% off with the code Mommytimes
Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #17
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you're interested in fleece, try dicarpo designs. She's doing a co-op in May, I think! Sorry for the long link, I'm tech challenged!
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...=kannondicarpo
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote