Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:
am I proceeding correctly with this sale?

I am selling some diapers and I have a few different mamas interested in them. Is the proper etiquette to respond to the first one and wait until they get back to you whether or not they are definitely going to buy before you move on to answer other inquiries? Or is ok to answer everyone's inquiries and then see who is the first one to say they for sure want to buy them (e.g. tell the moms that they are available and ask for zip codes and whatever and then see who is the first one to actually say they're going to pay)?

I don't want to come across as leading a few different people to believe they're getting them but I also don't want to miss potential buyers. Hope that made sense?

For now I'm having a back and forth convo with the first mama to respond to see if she wants them and waiting for her to respond, meanwhile, another mama says she wants them, and how much for shipping...what do I do? And another mama says she wants them too...but I would feel bad saving "never mind they've been sold" to the first mom if she thought that I was doing a transaction with her.

Am I over thinking this? Help! I just want to sell these diapers without hurting anyone's feelings!

Advertisement

loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: am I proceeding correctly with this sale?

You don't have to go in order, but you can. once your in communication with mama 1, let the others know there is a line and you will let them know if the first mama passes. Give the first one until tomorrow morning to reply and pay if she seems interested, If she is unsure, i'd move onto the next who is ready to pay now.
make sure you buy dc, this is the sellers responsibility to pay for and cover as well.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, you can really do it however you want. But, that's how I do it. First to respond has first dibs. I usually give them one full day before moving on. And I will let the others know that there is someone ahead of them, but that they will be notified immediately once the first person decides.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I always respond to the first PM I receive and give her some time (I haven't ever had to wait past a day). Once she confirms, then I wait for payment and THEN let the other mamas know it's gone.

I have a hard enough time sometimes keeping PM's straight that I wouldn't PM each one interested, only the first.

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
graceworks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hmm ok what if someone I know "IRL" has offered to buy them since I posted it...I feel like that would be so much easier than shipping them. But should I still see if the first mama wants them?

am I making this too complicated? I don't want to make moms on here upset!
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelise View Post
hmm ok what if someone I know "IRL" has offered to buy them since I posted it...I feel like that would be so much easier than shipping them. But should I still see if the first mama wants them?

am I making this too complicated? I don't want to make moms on here upset!
I would wait to see what the first mama says.

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
graceworks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks everyone for your help! the first mama decided to take them! so that solves that problem haha
Old 03-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
tinamarie908
Registered Users
seller

That was good advice, though, for future sellers
tinamarie908 is offline   Reply With Quote