Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Ebay combined shipping issues

I'd been eyeing seller on ebay who had several things I was interested in. The shipping was a bit high but not entirly out to lunch. The seller is in the UK... but I've purchased a few tiems from the UK shipping has always been reasonable. So I emailed the seller about combining shipping. Got a "yes that's fine" response so i went ahead and bought a few things "Buy it Now."

Now the seller is saying that she doesn't combine shipping on overseas shipping. I've sent her back a copy of the preivous email and reminded her she said it was fine. SHe also puts in every listing that the shipping she charges includes packaing and the trip to the post office... which i also pointed out would be less on a combined package.

Do I have any recourse on this if she continues to refuse to combine shipping?

UPDATE: I called ebay this morning they told me they would send her an email about canceling. But they can't make her. But if she does try and file non payment they will remove it from my account. So I guess they sided with me.

Advertisement

Last edited by KendallMarie; 03-15-2011 at 07:31 AM.
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ebay combined shipping issues

I would think you would be able to get out of the sale if she emailed saying she would combine shipping and now she refuses! I would email ebay and see what they say about it!

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryzdanJDC View Post
I would think you would be able to get out of the sale if she emailed saying she would combine shipping and now she refuses! I would email ebay and see what they say about it!
^That^ hopefully they help you
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

Did you get a shipping quote or just the words? If just words, she could knock $.50 off and call it discounted shipping. If she quoted you, I'd think ebay would make her doit.

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryzdanJDC View Post
I've been trying to figure out how to email them on the subject for about an hour with very little luck.

I've told the seller I think we should cancel the transaction. Going to give her until tomorrow to reply to that. After double checking I found it even talked about combined shipping in the listing with no mention about it only being for domestic buyers.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
Did you get a shipping quote or just the words? If just words, she could knock $.50 off and call it discounted shipping. If she quoted you, I'd think ebay would make her doit.
Actually I would have accepted even a small discount... but even that has not been offered. This seller has made zero effort to sort this out. Replies have all been about 3-4 words.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
lzbthc82
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
I've been trying to figure out how to email them on the subject for about an hour with very little luck.

I've told the seller I think we should cancel the transaction. Going to give her until tomorrow to reply to that. After double checking I found it even talked about combined shipping in the listing with no mention about it only being for domestic buyers.
You should be able to go to your ebay page where it lists all of your buying and selling and click dispute resolution on that particular transaction. I hope that helps. If you still can't find it, open up a chat dialogue with someone from ebay. They should be able to help you out.
lzbthc82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzbthc82 View Post
You should be able to go to your ebay page where it lists all of your buying and selling and click dispute resolution on that particular transaction. I hope that helps. If you still can't find it, open up a chat dialogue with someone from ebay. They should be able to help you out.
Unfortunately this doesn't fit any of their little prefab "issues" so it keeps sending me in circles through about resolution center.