Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am planning my first UC in October. I, too, have been wondering what books were best and how to truly prepare. Shoot, I haven't even come to terms that I am pregnant again! I will start buying/ borrowing some of the books mentioned in the coming months.

Advertisement

Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #12
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UCers? how to prepare

About 3yrs ago I thought the same thing. I do not think that at all now. I actually attended a close friends UC as a doula, baby was surprise frank breech. It was a FABULOUS birth! Truly amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
This thread has really got me thinking... honestly I've always thought it was CRAZY to UC. Like, seriously nutty. But. The more I read and the more I think about it, the less crazy it seems to me. I just told dh I'm feeling half way tempted to just not back it to the hospital in time.

I wish I had words of advice for you, but I don't! So good luck in doing your research and making your decision. In Oregon, if you're in the third trimester or something crazy like that then a homebirth with a CPM is covered. But if you get your medical card before that, it's not covered. Which is really goofy and crazy and makes no sense.
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
cali4niachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #13
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UCers? how to prepare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittBBT View Post
I am planning my first UC in October. I, too, have been wondering what books were best and how to truly prepare. Shoot, I haven't even come to terms that I am pregnant again! I will start buying/ borrowing some of the books mentioned in the coming months.
I mostly read Heart and Hands, Spiritual Midwifery, and this is where I research before each birth http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/

I also frequent UC boards, but much less so now that I have had 7 UC's.