Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is your plan/schedule/routine to get housework done?

Hadley,
I do dishes while I cook, and clean the kitchen counters right before I sit down at the table.(Inevitably we need something else at the table anyway)

I don't make my bed during the week (SHH!! don't tell my mom)

The boys help pick up after themselves

I start wash as I get the boys into the tub or shower and toss int he dryer before i go to bed (We have a steam dryer so if it needs to be fluffed before it is worn it is okay)

We do all heavy duty cleaning on Saturday morning. and Todd is my saving grace. He takes out the trash, he feeds the animals, he cleans after his cat, and he fixes things as they break or tosses them so we don't start to pile anything.

Work together and remember that not everything will be as neat and clean as before. I don't really think it is lots harder now with two but the first 6 months were very hard, after that it is much easier.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #12
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Tina! I have resigned to nothing being like it was before...hehe. I just don't want my kids growing up in a messy/dirty house. "Lived in" is fine. Dirty is another. YKWM?
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #13
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Bmommy View Post
Thanks Tina! I have resigned to nothing being like it was before...hehe. I just don't want my kids growing up in a messy/dirty house. "Lived in" is fine. Dirty is another. YKWM?
I hear ya mama! I just want my house tidy, but I don't care if it's spotless or everything is in it's place. I value the time to spend with my son much more than cleaning.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #14
maeus
Registered Users
seller

Flylady.com has helped me tremendously to establish better routines. The Flylady is on Facebook, too. Her website feels a little cluttered and overwhelming to me, but she has some really wonderful tips/encouragement. Instead of killing myself one day a week, I keep up with it by doing little things. You can follow her schedule or make your own. I wipe down the entire bathroom every morning after I get ready, and it takes about 5 minutes tops. It really is a great website/community!
maeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #15
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have looked at Fly Lady, but it just doesn't work for me.
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #16
danielle1
Registered Users

Make a chart with each day of the week. Fill in things you have going on wag day or week with kids and SO (appointments, date night, pick up kids from school etc) then go back thru and fill in one or more chores during any free time. (Monday Landry, Tuesday vacuum/mop, wednesday bathrooms, etc) try that for 2 weeks and then Change or switch things around as needed.
danielle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
EVEYSMAMA12
Registered Users

Wow reading this makes me feel like a complete slacker. My DD is 6 weeks and she likes to sleep in. I know I should be waking up before her to clean, but it never happens. I am looking at the possibility of working from home. I would be making phone calls most of the time. The thought of both scares me because I am afraid I will not pay enough attention to her. Do any of you have work from home jobs similar?
EVEYSMAMA12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
mommatomymiracle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVEYSMAMA12 View Post
Wow reading this makes me feel like a complete slacker. My DD is 6 weeks and she likes to sleep in. I know I should be waking up before her to clean, but it never happens. I am looking at the possibility of working from home. I would be making phone calls most of the time. The thought of both scares me because I am afraid I will not pay enough attention to her. Do any of you have work from home jobs similar?
Don't worry, I sometimes feel like a slacker, too. Haha! Our son is 3 months old, and I think the most I've gotten done in one day was 3 loads of laundry and filling the dishwasher. And that was one time. Some days I get more done, some days I feel like nothing gets done (except for lots of cuddling with my little man!).

But you know what? People keep telling me that the laundry and dishes can wait. Your baby is only a baby for so long, so enjoy her as much as you can! The other stuff will get done, but don't pressure yourself to do too much at once.

And sleep! If she's sleeping in, then by all means, you get more sleep too! You need rest to take care of that precious one!

I like FLYlady, too, and am going to try to get back into that for cleaning without guilt.

I have been working from home for quite a few years now, doing independent contract work, mostly in writing, editing, and now social media. I started in moderating forums, and now I monitor and facilitate social media networks (Facebook & Twitter) for various companies. I work with a small team, so some days I have several shifts, other days I may have nothing. It's great! Good luck with your WAH job search!
mommatomymiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #19
techanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a crazy schedule. Since diaper washing is an every other day thing, we have a two week schedule. Every day is 2-3 things to do around the house to keep it clean. I hated feeling like I spend my whole weekend cleaning and this has made a HUGE difference. I laminated it, and we use a dry erase marker to check when things are done. My DH and I both know its there, so we do what we can. If we miss something, we don't stress, and just wait for it to come up again. Our schedule is VERY vacuum heavy because we have to dogs that shed a lot.

Week 1:
Monday - Wash Diapers; Vacuum Downstairs
Tuesday - Dust Downstairs; Put away "stuff" (general tidying); Grocery shopping
Wednesday - Wash Diapers; Vacuum Upstairs
Thursday - Dust Upstairs; Put away "stuff"; Evie Laundry
Friday - Wash Diapers; Vacuum Downstairs
Saturday - Dust Downstairs; Put Away "stuff"; Mom an Dad Laundry
Sunday - Wash Diapers; Vacuum Upstairs

Week 2:
Monday - Dust Upstairs; Put away "stuff"; Wash Towells
Tuesday - Wash Diapers; Vacuum Downstairs; Grocery Shopping
Wednesday - Dust Downstairs; Put away "stuff"
Thursday - Wash Diapers; Vacuum Upstairs
Friday - Dust Upstairs; Put away "stuff"; Evie Laundry
Saturday - Wash Diapers; Change/Wash Sheets
Sunday - Clean Bathrooms; Put away "stuff"; Mom and Dad Laundry
techanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #20
techanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I should mention. We generally always put diapers in first thing in the morning so they can be hung to dry when DH stops home for lunch.
techanne is offline   Reply With Quote