Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

Package hasn't been delivered yet, DC shows nothing, WWYD as the seller?

I'm hoping you ladies can help me figure out the best way to handle this situation. I made a sale on FSOT and mailed a package out March 4th via Parcel Post. The USPS website said that it would take 2 to 9 days for delivery. Today is day 9 and the DC still shows no updates at all.

I'm hoping so much that the mama will get the package today, but what would you recommend I do if she doesn't?

P.S. I did not get insurance.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Package hasn't been delivered yet, DC shows nothing, WWYD as the seller?

I think it is quite possible that the PO miscalculated their delivery time and you should give it a couple more days. They don't always deliver priority in the 2-3 day time frame they give so I wouldn't worry too much yet.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Once it took a parcel post package 6 weeks to get to me. Yes, 6 stinking weeks! That was the first and last time I used parcel post. The package was coming from ca, and I was in Hawaii... But first class took only a few days, and ups ground took 10 days from California to Hawaii. I hate parcel post. I hope the package gets delivered soon!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use PP a lot (not for sales normally, but for other packages) and I'd say it could take a bit longer.

Can you call your PO & find out why it wasn't scanned? It should have been scanned along the way unless it is still stuck at your PO for some reason.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #5
maddiesmum
Registered Users
seller

well..i'm in canada and a few sellers here could attest to the fact that i've waited almost 6 WEEKS TO 2 MONTHS and i normally don't worry at all for at least 2 weeks. i have had someone here sell me 300 dollars in wool after other good transactions..then say they lost the postal receipt and that never came i've also had a ds mamma sell off a stash of knitting supplies and i bought 60 dollars or so and that never came and they never came back here...i've also had someone mail me dirty shorties that had dried bugs, food, and a dirty soother stuck to it and it was the wrong measurement and did not fit my child. the person told me to mail it back knowing full well that it would cost 15 dollars from canada and would not be worth the loss . give it time mamma...give it time. as for insurance, i had a package go missing for 3 months and the postal company conveniently kept losing my file number and would not give me a pay out. i think that is a waste of moola cause in my experience, the post office will make you wait so long and invest so much time and effort into getting your insurance that you'll just give up. the package was found after 3 months though. good luck. hope it all works out for you as none of us are made of money and can afford such losses.
maddiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would give it more time! USPS seems to be rather slow lately!!!

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for giving me some hope! We'll see what happens this week before I jump to conclusions.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
kej
Registered Users
seller

I just had to wait a week for a 1st class package mailed from 2.5 hr away. It had been scanned, and then didn't move for days. I called the USPS tracking number (keep hitting 0 a few times to get a person) and told them. She said I had to wait one more day before they could start an investigation. Lo and behold, the next day the package started moving!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have found that whenever I check tracking suff for DC and packages it never shows it moving and then all of a sudden it is at my house. Parcel post will always take a bit longer, and it will depend on the weekend days and stuff too. First class is usually around the same price, so I always just go with that and I have better luck. Location is also a factor...going across country will take a lot longer and if there is bad weather it will add time etc. I hope she gets it soon!
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote