Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:23 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:

So my 10 month old DD is not biting me but her fairly new top teeth scrape my nipple when she nurses. At first it felt like she was pulling, so I would say "Zosha don't pull" and she would stop. But now I have a little scab the same size as her tooth on my right nipple and everytime that I nurse her it hurt a bit more. I also have a similar spot with no scab on my left. At night I have to just silently cry through it because if she hears me wince in pain then she will stop and wake up. This will not stop me from nursing but it is just sooooooo not any fun...KWIM? Danni

banned for excessive strikes

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
Registered Users

my baby did the exact same thing. He was my only baby to do it - he wasnt biting but his teeth were resting near my nipple and it killed! I had to change positions - yep, I put my 16m old into a football position and it really helped. Once it healed, we could go back to the old way. Now he is alost 18m and it rarely happens - I usually relatch him if it does.
tellymonster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #3
Registered Users

Yeah my dd didn't get teeth until 15 months and it sounds a lot like this. It was SOOO painful. I felt like I was starting ALL over again. I called many ppl and they all stopped when thier babies got teeth, I was like hummm...they still need it but lets stop cuz I can't get them to stop bitting. Anyway sorry. I ended up doing like the pp I would just try different positions. I also would take her off during the night if she was good and asleep and try to just cuddle her until she would get in a good sleep. Some nights I was in tears too but eventually things worked out. I think it took about 2 weeks with each of the top and bottom new teeth. I think where they are older getting teeth they're having to RELEARN how to get a good latch, KWIM? so they're teeth just lay there.
BTW: I always made sure she had a BETTER latch in the beginning than I ever did, you know I would pull her off and start again if that latch wasn't GREAT just so that didn't hurt along with the feel of the teeth. Hang in there it WILL get better. Good luck!
CHRISTmas Cards for EVERYONE!! Get them HERE and FAST!!
*I've made lots of DS mommas happy check out my Feedback!! I can do ANY custom design and work on ANY kind of pictures!!
mommy21princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #4
Registered Users

Ya, my DD is 10 months and I'mdealignwith the same thing Her bottom teeth never bothered me, but her top two are coming in and it's no fun at all!
Abigail- Mommy to Jalen(2/04), Neala(7/06), & Esme (4/09) & 3 dogs
abigail is offline   Reply With Quote