Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
LittleHobbitsMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question DS won't BF during the day all the sudden!!!

DS is 9 months old, and we EBF. Over the past week, though, he just stopped BFing during the day!! I mean he refuses the breast, fought me, screamed and cried if I tried. So I have given him some super watered down juice, and he inhales it. I sat him in his sister's high chair and gave him Cheerios, peas, soy hot dogs, zwieback, yogurt, you name it, he ate it. But come night time, he is BFing every two-four hours through the night. WTHeck is going on??? I have never been able to BF this long so I am clueless!! Is this normal? Is he weaning himself? Do I need to start feeding him meals? Is juice or water ok to give, I tried formula and expressed milk and he said no thank you. Help!!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2006, 11:38 PM   #2
rliszkowski
Registered Users
seller

Re: DS won't BF during the day all the sudden!!!

Have you tried nursing him in a dark, quiet room during the day? My guy (10 months) can only nurse in the bedroom now, he is just too distractable. I actually have to swaddle him or he will crawl away. He is hungry and cranky but he just can't stay still to nurse.

I don't think he is weaning himself, since he is still nursing at night. I would continue to feed him solids during the day and try to nurse him in a quiet place a few times a day. I think the watered down juice is fine, just make sure it is mostly water.
rliszkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:59 AM   #3
Mom22girlz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd did the samething at about that age. I agree with what the lady before me wrote they are distractable at that age he does not want to miss a thing and when he is at the breast he cant see a much. Would you consider pumping and giving him it in a bottle or sippy cup?

Rachel
Mom22girlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Sounds a bit like a nursing strike. Just keep working with him and nurse when he will. A quiet place should help and its okay to offer some baby foods, and juice at this age. I bet he works out of it in a few days but if it gets worse contace a LLL leader.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote