Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #41
brittneyscott06
Registered Users
seller

Re: Intervention to end BFing?!

I didn't get an intervention but I did have one 'friend' (we no longer speak for other reasons) call a few times trying to talk me out of breastfeeding or if we hadn't spoke in a couple weeks when she called she'd get a shocked tone "You're still nursing?!" She had all kinds of reasons like wanting your body back, blah blah. It was ridiculous. Everyone else pretty much stayed quiet. I could tell some felt odd about it but they didn't have the nerve to say anything. I nursed til around 9 months and wish I'd nursed longer. I plan to nurse this one as long as possible.

Advertisement

brittneyscott06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #42
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:

Sounds like my mom and majority of the ppl I know! They think me BFing is just weird. I think that they hoped I would try it and then just give up and go to formula (cause bottles are so much easier?-NOT!). Whatever! Its hard not to let it get to me though. But, my little one is only 2.5mo old and I'm not gonna quit til I'm ready or he's ready...if they don't like it, they can kiss it. I'm glad you stood your ground... good for you!
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #43
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is outrageous!! I'm so glad you stood your ground.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #44
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd be furious. 5 months?!? Really?! Come on. They are obviously very uneducated on the subject so it's just funny that they are trying to give you advice. I think it's far more disgusting to give a baby formula when you COULD be giving breastmilk..
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #45
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks for all of the support mamas. Im going to a friend's daughter's birthday party this weekend (a different friend) and Im sure I will get plenty more of this attitude. When I first had DS (I mean, he was just a few days old), this friend (really acquaintence) told me how gross she thought it was to "have a big baby on your breast" and said that she hoped I didnt do that. I told her I really hadnt set a time frame on bfing so I couldnt really say for sure. Im sure she will have plenty to say when Im bfing my DS at the party and I will just giggle inside and think of you mamas :-)

Bfing is just such a wonderful experience. I enjoy every feeding (even the night time ones when Im exhausted ) and couldnt imagine ending this relationship any sooner than necessary. Thanks again for your support

Last edited by amb2j; 03-17-2011 at 12:52 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #46
Bethan_77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's insane.

Breastmilk doesn't lose it's nutrition, in fact after a year the calories and nutrients are more concentrated because the child gets less.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:16 AM   #47
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry you have that drama in your life. Babies should have breast milk until at least 1. My DD is still nursing at 18 and my DS nursed until 28m, you are a wonderful mama providing milk to a baby who needs it
Old 03-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #48
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Who needs enemies when you've got friends like that...geez.

I'm so thankful for the internet, I wouldn't have half the motivation & confidence to keep going if it weren't for people like everyone on this site!!
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #49
ShanaV
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also had a *jaw drop* when I saw it was only 5 months! I was sure it would have at least been a toddler if not a preschooler.

Don't let them get you down. BF with confidence for years, not months. Best of luck!
ShanaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:45 AM   #50
chakakhanchakakhan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Most the rest of this planet sees breastfeeding as well......as the word implies......feeding from breasts. Breast are meant to be for feeding.....not for the sexual pleasure of men alone.
If children are not seen as the priority over sexual things, this country has become lost in physical image for sexual gain over a God given gift of parenting, health, emotional bonding, and child centered living. I am shocked ppl are so objected out right.
Your breast are not your breasts....they are kind of property of your babys' since really they exist only because of their inevidible existence.
chakakhanchakakhan is offline   Reply With Quote