Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Stripping Sunbaby Diapers

Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
Uh, why would you have to strip a brand new diaper? Wash them once in hot with your desired detergent and they'll be fine.

FWIW, if you pour water on fleece, it WILL bead up. The reason that pocket diapers work is because the baby is putting pressure on it AND the force of the urine allows it to go through the fleece and into the microfiber insert.

As the PP mentioned, "stripping" is only if you get detergent build up. Usually making sure you rinse adequately will prevent the build up. We've been CDing for 7 years and I've only had to "strip" once, and that was because MIL used dreft and fabric softener.
I did some research before 'prepping' them and I kept coming across people who had a repelling and smell issue, so I used DAWN to strip them first. I didn't want to try them out and then have an issue, so I just added it into my prep. Not a big deal.

Semi-crunchy, Christ following, BFing, CDing, Vaxing, Co-sleeping, Circing, Watching Too Much T.V momma to
DS (9/28/2009), DD (4/05/2011) and wife to my best friend.

Lane Louise Grace born 04/05/2011
beccatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Stripping Sunbaby Diapers

We got our Sunbabies, washed them with all the rest of diaper laundry.. Cold rinse, hot wash, second rinse. No leaks at all ( hubby tends to not change baby as much as I do and still no leaks)...
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote