Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 405
Tell me about your Daycare routine?

I did a search and couldn't find anything recently so I'll ask...

What do you send to daycare? And what do you send it in? Will this be big enough?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

When we move, DD will be able to go to a cloth-friendly DC but they've never used them! So I want to make it as easy as possible...state regs aren't too specific so I think a zippered wet bag will do fine. Oh, and we'll be sending BGEs and FBs pre-stuffed.

Should I send sposie wipes, cloth wipes? Some CJs?

What do you do?

TIA

Advertisement

MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Brandy1010's Avatar
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 930
My Mood:
Re: Tell me about your Daycare routine?

That should be plenty big enough! I just send a med. wetbag with my DS everyday! Honestly, I send disposable wipes.... it's way easier for them to deal with and they just leave the wipe in the diaper and I take care of it when I get home (this is for a sitter, not daycare). But, a daycare might have to throw them away, so I say just buy some cheap disposable wipes for them! Yes, send a CD safe cream and make sure you let them know that that's the only cream that your child can use! Explain that it will ruin the diaper and that's an issue! Good luck!
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
moonpuppyswifey's Avatar
moonpuppyswifey
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,103
My Mood:
Re: Tell me about your Daycare routine?

I'm not sure but wanted to say GL! My daycare I didn't try for cloth at, but they did agree to do the grovia shells with disposable inserts (totally fine by me) for the new LO we are expecting, I plan on bringing like 6 covers and a ton of inserts and a decent sized wetbag for the soiled shells. As far as the wipes I think I'll just purchase a huge case of biodegradeable disposable wipes to bring for daycare to use.
__________________
Erin, proud wife to former hubby Tom since 11-19-05, RN, Soggy- trying to be green & thrifty, pro-vaxing Mama to DD Jocelin "Joie" (BF to age 2) since 8-5-07 & Landon since 10-19-11
moonpuppyswifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
mythik's Avatar
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: US
Posts: 3,399
My Mood:
Re: Tell me about your Daycare routine?

I send a medium zippered wetbag with his CDs each day and every month I give them sposie wipes. I only send him with aplix diapers as they are most similar to sposies and we've been doing that for over a year.

GL!
__________________
~Lonnie~ mama to Crabby Patty & Lovebug
mythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
swimming47
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 98
Re: Tell me about your Daycare routine?

At our daycare diapers have to be in a trash can so I brought in a small trash can and provide a wet bag for them every day. I leave CD safe cream and use disposable wipes. We use BGs/Blueberries with applix.
swimming47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
yankeesundbound's Avatar
yankeesundbound
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Space Coast
Posts: 1,023
My Mood:
Re: Tell me about your Daycare routine?

DD is there for 8 hours some days, so I send 5 pre-stuffed sunbabys, wipes, cream, a change of clothes, 2 wetbags, a bib, and a sippy cup.
__________________
"Mama" to my sweet Josie, and welcome baby Lilia 9/24 via successful vbac!
yankeesundbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
carriek38's Avatar
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ponyville
Posts: 9,213
Re: Tell me about your Daycare routine?

We use a sitter & DD is the only kid. The sitter is awesome & game for just about anything. I send mostly pre-stuffed pockets, but I have a huge variety. For a while she wanted more velcro/aplix...until the first time DD took off a poopy BG3.0 & mashed the inner into the pack 'n play mattress & rolled in it . Now there are no complaints about snaps (HH, Kawaii, FB, BG). She uses fitteds w/ PUL covers for naptime...started using them when we had a shortage of pockets & the sitter liked the absorbency. She's too "germaphobic" to use wool as a cover. I gave her a couple of soakers as backup for over the fitted/cover for naps. We call them "magic pants" & I told the sitter that she can either reuse them or give them back to me daily & I'll cycle them through & let her believe that they've been washed between uses .

As for the other stuff: I pack up a week's worth of diapers into a big tote on Sunday night to drop off on Monday. Typically, that's 5 fitteds & covers & 15 pockets (I have a lot of dipes I got cheap FSOT). I also throw in 5 medium wetbags. She's had Naturally Luxe bottom balm, but I know she's almost out...I'll get her some CJ's when the next co-op runs. She prefers sposie wipes, so I send a pack whenever I think about it. I also keep her supplied w/ cheap sposies for if there's a bad rash or for when they go out (the WalMart brand fits my DD remarkably well). That way, the sitter has all the supplies she needs & I just bring stuff home. It works better for us than packing a bag every day.
__________________
Carrie. Wifey to F, Mama to Baby Bear, Nugget, and Teeny.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
mitre10's Avatar
mitre10
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,107
Re: Tell me about your Daycare routine?

That planetwise bag will be more than enough. I really like their bags, though I haven't used the wet/dry ones.

DS goes to daycare about 9 hours a day. He's now PLing so things are different, but this was our routine:

6 BGOS velcro
wetbag

They put the dirties in the wetbag and we replaced with fresh diapers and fresh wetbag daily. I supply them with sposie wipes.
__________________
Jessica, Married to John since 9/04, Mom to DS Michael since 6/08 and DD Quinn since 8/11.
mitre10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 405
Re: Tell me about your Daycare routine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy1010 View Post
That should be plenty big enough! I just send a med. wetbag with my DS everyday! Honestly, I send disposable wipes.... it's way easier for them to deal with and they just leave the wipe in the diaper and I take care of it when I get home (this is for a sitter, not daycare). But, a daycare might have to throw them away, so I say just buy some cheap disposable wipes for them! Yes, send a CD safe cream and make sure you let them know that that's the only cream that your child can use! Explain that it will ruin the diaper and that's an issue! Good luck!
Thanks...noting the explanation part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpuppyswifey View Post
I'm not sure but wanted to say GL! My daycare I didn't try for cloth at, but they did agree to do the grovia shells with disposable inserts (totally fine by me) for the new LO we are expecting, I plan on bringing like 6 covers and a ton of inserts and a decent sized wetbag for the soiled shells. As far as the wipes I think I'll just purchase a huge case of biodegradeable disposable wipes to bring for daycare to use.
Another vote for sposie wipes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythik View Post
I send a medium zippered wetbag with his CDs each day and every month I give them sposie wipes. I only send him with aplix diapers as they are most similar to sposies and we've been doing that for over a year.

GL!
Didn't think about aplix...I know BGEs come in aplix so maybe I'll get some of those! Hopefully snaps won't be toooo complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming47 View Post
At our daycare diapers have to be in a trash can so I brought in a small trash can and provide a wet bag for them every day. I leave CD safe cream and use disposable wipes. We use BGs/Blueberries with applix.
Yeah, I'll have to see, they might require a stepcan. They said they can use them they just never have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesundbound View Post
DD is there for 8 hours some days, so I send 5 pre-stuffed sunbabys, wipes, cream, a change of clothes, 2 wetbags, a bib, and a sippy cup.
I figured I would be sending about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
We use a sitter & DD is the only kid. The sitter is awesome & game for just about anything. I send mostly pre-stuffed pockets, but I have a huge variety. For a while she wanted more velcro/aplix...until the first time DD took off a poopy BG3.0 & mashed the inner into the pack 'n play mattress & rolled in it . Now there are no complaints about snaps (HH, Kawaii, FB, BG). She uses fitteds w/ PUL covers for naptime...started using them when we had a shortage of pockets & the sitter liked the absorbency. She's too "germaphobic" to use wool as a cover. I gave her a couple of soakers as backup for over the fitted/cover for naps. We call them "magic pants" & I told the sitter that she can either reuse them or give them back to me daily & I'll cycle them through & let her believe that they've been washed between uses .

As for the other stuff: I pack up a week's worth of diapers into a big tote on Sunday night to drop off on Monday. Typically, that's 5 fitteds & covers & 15 pockets (I have a lot of dipes I got cheap FSOT). I also throw in 5 medium wetbags. She's had Naturally Luxe bottom balm, but I know she's almost out...I'll get her some CJ's when the next co-op runs. She prefers sposie wipes, so I send a pack whenever I think about it. I also keep her supplied w/ cheap sposies for if there's a bad rash or for when they go out (the WalMart brand fits my DD remarkably well). That way, the sitter has all the supplies she needs & I just bring stuff home. It works better for us than packing a bag every day.

Germaphobes should LOVE wool! haha.

What's this about a CJs co-op? Somebody clue me in!!
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.