Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

Tell me about your Daycare routine?

I did a search and couldn't find anything recently so I'll ask...

What do you send to daycare? And what do you send it in? Will this be big enough?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

When we move, DD will be able to go to a cloth-friendly DC but they've never used them! So I want to make it as easy as possible...state regs aren't too specific so I think a zippered wet bag will do fine. Oh, and we'll be sending BGEs and FBs pre-stuffed.

Should I send sposie wipes, cloth wipes? Some CJs?

What do you do?

TIA

Advertisement

MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about your Daycare routine?

That should be plenty big enough! I just send a med. wetbag with my DS everyday! Honestly, I send disposable wipes.... it's way easier for them to deal with and they just leave the wipe in the diaper and I take care of it when I get home (this is for a sitter, not daycare). But, a daycare might have to throw them away, so I say just buy some cheap disposable wipes for them! Yes, send a CD safe cream and make sure you let them know that that's the only cream that your child can use! Explain that it will ruin the diaper and that's an issue! Good luck!
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
moonpuppyswifey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure but wanted to say GL! My daycare I didn't try for cloth at, but they did agree to do the grovia shells with disposable inserts (totally fine by me) for the new LO we are expecting, I plan on bringing like 6 covers and a ton of inserts and a decent sized wetbag for the soiled shells. As far as the wipes I think I'll just purchase a huge case of biodegradeable disposable wipes to bring for daycare to use.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I send a medium zippered wetbag with his CDs each day and every month I give them sposie wipes. I only send him with aplix diapers as they are most similar to sposies and we've been doing that for over a year.

GL!
Old 03-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
swimming47
Registered Users
seller

At our daycare diapers have to be in a trash can so I brought in a small trash can and provide a wet bag for them every day. I leave CD safe cream and use disposable wipes. We use BGs/Blueberries with applix.
swimming47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
yankeesundbound
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD is there for 8 hours some days, so I send 5 pre-stuffed sunbabys, wipes, cream, a change of clothes, 2 wetbags, a bib, and a sippy cup.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

We use a sitter & DD is the only kid. The sitter is awesome & game for just about anything. I send mostly pre-stuffed pockets, but I have a huge variety. For a while she wanted more velcro/aplix...until the first time DD took off a poopy BG3.0 & mashed the inner into the pack 'n play mattress & rolled in it . Now there are no complaints about snaps (HH, Kawaii, FB, BG). She uses fitteds w/ PUL covers for naptime...started using them when we had a shortage of pockets & the sitter liked the absorbency. She's too "germaphobic" to use wool as a cover. I gave her a couple of soakers as backup for over the fitted/cover for naps. We call them "magic pants" & I told the sitter that she can either reuse them or give them back to me daily & I'll cycle them through & let her believe that they've been washed between uses .

As for the other stuff: I pack up a week's worth of diapers into a big tote on Sunday night to drop off on Monday. Typically, that's 5 fitteds & covers & 15 pockets (I have a lot of dipes I got cheap FSOT). I also throw in 5 medium wetbags. She's had Naturally Luxe bottom balm, but I know she's almost out...I'll get her some CJ's when the next co-op runs. She prefers sposie wipes, so I send a pack whenever I think about it. I also keep her supplied w/ cheap sposies for if there's a bad rash or for when they go out (the WalMart brand fits my DD remarkably well). That way, the sitter has all the supplies she needs & I just bring stuff home. It works better for us than packing a bag every day.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
mitre10
Registered Users
seller
seller

That planetwise bag will be more than enough. I really like their bags, though I haven't used the wet/dry ones.

DS goes to daycare about 9 hours a day. He's now PLing so things are different, but this was our routine:

6 BGOS velcro
wetbag

They put the dirties in the wetbag and we replaced with fresh diapers and fresh wetbag daily. I supply them with sposie wipes.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy1010 View Post
That should be plenty big enough! I just send a med. wetbag with my DS everyday! Honestly, I send disposable wipes.... it's way easier for them to deal with and they just leave the wipe in the diaper and I take care of it when I get home (this is for a sitter, not daycare). But, a daycare might have to throw them away, so I say just buy some cheap disposable wipes for them! Yes, send a CD safe cream and make sure you let them know that that's the only cream that your child can use! Explain that it will ruin the diaper and that's an issue! Good luck!
Thanks...noting the explanation part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpuppyswifey View Post
I'm not sure but wanted to say GL! My daycare I didn't try for cloth at, but they did agree to do the grovia shells with disposable inserts (totally fine by me) for the new LO we are expecting, I plan on bringing like 6 covers and a ton of inserts and a decent sized wetbag for the soiled shells. As far as the wipes I think I'll just purchase a huge case of biodegradeable disposable wipes to bring for daycare to use.
Another vote for sposie wipes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythik View Post
I send a medium zippered wetbag with his CDs each day and every month I give them sposie wipes. I only send him with aplix diapers as they are most similar to sposies and we've been doing that for over a year.

GL!
Didn't think about aplix...I know BGEs come in aplix so maybe I'll get some of those! Hopefully snaps won't be toooo complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming47 View Post
At our daycare diapers have to be in a trash can so I brought in a small trash can and provide a wet bag for them every day. I leave CD safe cream and use disposable wipes. We use BGs/Blueberries with applix.
Yeah, I'll have to see, they might require a stepcan. They said they can use them they just never have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesundbound View Post
DD is there for 8 hours some days, so I send 5 pre-stuffed sunbabys, wipes, cream, a change of clothes, 2 wetbags, a bib, and a sippy cup.
I figured I would be sending about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
We use a sitter & DD is the only kid. The sitter is awesome & game for just about anything. I send mostly pre-stuffed pockets, but I have a huge variety. For a while she wanted more velcro/aplix...until the first time DD took off a poopy BG3.0 & mashed the inner into the pack 'n play mattress & rolled in it . Now there are no complaints about snaps (HH, Kawaii, FB, BG). She uses fitteds w/ PUL covers for naptime...started using them when we had a shortage of pockets & the sitter liked the absorbency. She's too "germaphobic" to use wool as a cover. I gave her a couple of soakers as backup for over the fitted/cover for naps. We call them "magic pants" & I told the sitter that she can either reuse them or give them back to me daily & I'll cycle them through & let her believe that they've been washed between uses .

As for the other stuff: I pack up a week's worth of diapers into a big tote on Sunday night to drop off on Monday. Typically, that's 5 fitteds & covers & 15 pockets (I have a lot of dipes I got cheap FSOT). I also throw in 5 medium wetbags. She's had Naturally Luxe bottom balm, but I know she's almost out...I'll get her some CJ's when the next co-op runs. She prefers sposie wipes, so I send a pack whenever I think about it. I also keep her supplied w/ cheap sposies for if there's a bad rash or for when they go out (the WalMart brand fits my DD remarkably well). That way, the sitter has all the supplies she needs & I just bring stuff home. It works better for us than packing a bag every day.

Germaphobes should LOVE wool! haha.

What's this about a CJs co-op? Somebody clue me in!!
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote