Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
mamatobe08
Registered Users
seller

I used to drive an 8 hour trip once a month or more, there and back, from the time my son was 1 month until he was 21 months. He hated being in the seat but guess what, he doesn't always get what he wants. His safety is important to me. If something were to happen to him that I could have prevented, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. We would stop often and that 8 hour trip sometimes turned into 10 hours, but it was worth it to keep him safe. Plus, its not just you you have to worry about. Who's to say the guy coming towards you isn't drunk?

Advertisement

mamatobe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
jasminegrl
Registered Users

Re: Car seat laws? What is your opinion.

I personally don't think that car-seat and seatbelt laws are strict enough. They should be a primary offense not a secondary.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #13
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancerAcres View Post
Here s my question on just ignoring them ... do you not think that cuases stress on both the mother and the child and tells the child I really dont care that you are crying. I never ignore my child when he is crying I think it sends the wrong message to them.
If it's a choice between causing the mom and child stress or the baby dying, I'll pick stress every time.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're an 8 & 80 state here too and I think it's fantastic! A friend was telling me yesterday about her SIL and nephew being in an accident. The child (4yr old) was not even in a booster, just a seatbelt which he apparently takes off while riding. In the accident he ended up on the floorboards and pretty banged up. Had he been in a proper seat (which, I'm sorry, but if he is taking off his seatbelt, he belongs in a 5pt harness!) then he would have walked away without a scratch.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would MUCH rather have a screaming child safely restrained in their carseat than a DEAD child! Period- Nuff said.
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
SunDancerAcres
File with paypal if you bought! See thread in WAHMwares!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket View Post
I don't mind them. Driving is a privilege, not a right. We are an 8 and 80 state, and honestly, I'm stoked. Now I don't have to explain why my 8yo nanny-kid is "still" in a booster. Because it's the law. Period. No gray area, if you want to go above and beyond, go for it.

FWIW- generally the "carseat people" annoy me. But I can go with the carseat laws
we live in a town of 2 000 people with very very few driving related accidents, and we rarely drive anywhere. most of the time we bike if we can however we can not carrying a 275 gallon water tank for our garden on the back of a bike. so in that instance for now we have to drive.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #17
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
If it's a choice between causing the mom and child stress or the baby dying, I'll pick stress every time.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll take a crying baby over a dead one any day. Car seat laws are a no brainer IMO. The only thing that I find unfortunate is that it has to be a law before some people will do what's right (and even still there are those who don't). It's not your life to gamble.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #19
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally understand where you are coming from. My 1st child screamed the same when in the car. I had to tune it out or I couldn't get to work. It was heartbreaking especially when I woul dget to said destination andhe would be covered in tears and sweta dn when I picked him up he would just be sniffeling and making funny hiccup noises to catch his breath again. It was horrible

BUT with that being said, I also believe letting the child run the show is an early onset of the child being in charge later so I tiptoe carefully with fits and tantrums because I am in charge not them. I knew of an accident where the baby was not in the seat buckled but being nursed instead. The mom couldn't help but have the baby fly out of her arms and he slammed into the windshield because of the impact and died. So no matter what, I am for carseats and a crying baby than a dead baby...
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #20
SunDancerAcres
File with paypal if you bought! See thread in WAHMwares!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
We're an 8 & 80 state here too and I think it's fantastic! A friend was telling me yesterday about her SIL and nephew being in an accident. The child (4yr old) was not even in a booster, just a seatbelt which he apparently takes off while riding. In the accident he ended up on the floorboards and pretty banged up. Had he been in a proper seat (which, I'm sorry, but if he is taking off his seatbelt, he belongs in a 5pt harness!) then he would have walked away without a scratch.
all of mine by age 4 could get out of a 5 point. the only thing they couldnt get out of was a lap belt that tightens as you wiggle.