Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #11
jenndoxx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: This might be a dumb question.....

I think mine quick leaking so much when he was about 3 months, too.

Advertisement

Jenn
Mom to two little boys
jenndoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:05 AM   #12
lovemygirlseques
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Even now, I still occastionally leak at work! My DD is 18 months old and I stopped pumping in Jan. The few times I've had an issue at work is if she somehow missed her morning nursing session (if she slept later then usual) or if there is a crying baby in the office (rarely happens) or I feel extra full and happen to get emotional.

But for normal day-to-day...the leaking does go away eventually. Your baby is still pretty new, I would think your supply would even out soon (I was about 8 weeks in before it happened to me) and the leaking will be reduced greatly.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 AM   #13
foxynursejo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Lucas View Post
Thanks ladies, I've been using disposable pads here and there but mostly the Gerber cloth ones but they leak through them all! My right side is pretty bad still so hopefully it will get better by the end of the 3rd month, that's when I'll be going back to work!
Wth my first I only used disposable pads (I didn't know about using cloth ones) and I *hated* the gerber ones. they're useless! i found the lansinoh ones much more absorbant. This time around I used cloth from the beginning. but to answer your question, with both deliveries I leaked pretty much the first three months until my supply was well established and regulated.

I've donated 1,000 oz of mamas milk!

Babie's are weaned (32 months!), potty trained and I'm not BWing much anymore, but I still occasionally hang around here.
foxynursejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:41 AM   #14
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxynursejo View Post
Wth my first I only used disposable pads (I didn't know about using cloth ones) and I *hated* the gerber ones. they're useless! i found the lansinoh ones much more absorbant. This time around I used cloth from the beginning. but to answer your question, with both deliveries I leaked pretty much the first three months until my supply was well established and regulated.
Oh maybe I'll have to get some of those then! Thanks!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #15
rachieroni
Registered Users
seller

I got the FB brand breastpads (made with the same stuff as the dipes) and they are amazing. I stay dry and don't ever leak through. They hold a lot!
"Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."-Winnie the Pooh
rachieroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #16
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachieroni View Post
I got the FB brand breastpads (made with the same stuff as the dipes) and they are amazing. I stay dry and don't ever leak through. They hold a lot!
I didn't know they made those, I have been looking at ones with PUL or bamboo by WAHM Mama's I may have to buy some I'll look in to the FB ones too!