Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
When did your early pregnancy symptoms go away?

When did your early pregnancy symptoms go away?

I ask because I am currently 7w5d pregnant with my 5th child. With my other children I usually developed the typical nausea, m/s, headaches, food aversion, heightened sense of smell, fatigue, etc... around 5-6 weeks and they often escalated before finally subsiding around 10-12 weeks. With this pregnancy, I started to feel symptoms right away, although they were very mild. They escalated and in the 6th and 7th week I was SUPER sick, so much so that I couldn't eat much of anything or even get up off the couch much. Well, yesterday morning I woke up and was completely symptom free. Overnight, every symptom I had been experiencing for 2 weeks just completely disappeared. I thought maybe I was just having a good day, but today has been the same, no symptoms whatsoever.

Is this normal?

I can't help but be a bit concerned because I am not even 8 weeks yet and my symptoms are just suddenly gone. I also just have this weird feeling deep down like something is not right. I started to have menstrual like cramps today, as well, but so far no actual spotting.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice/insight!

Advertisement

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did your early pregnancy symptoms go away?

Bump!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It could be nothing...some peoples' bodies adjust to the hormones very quickly and symptoms lessen. But if you feel like something isn't right, I would put in a call to your provider and just get checked over. they may want to do betas or an u/s to check onyour progress.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

The worst of mine hit the road ~10w. It could be you're just shifted a couple weeks to the early side this time (I hope for you!!) but if you've got a bad feeling, it might put your mind at ease to go in.

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. I am pretty sure of when we conceived, so I know my dates are pretty accurate (within a few days, at least). Also, this is my 5th pregnancy and the first time I have ever had symptoms disappear so suddenly and so early, which is why I was concerned.

My doctor's office won't do anything for me. They basically said that if I start cramping or bleeding to go to the ER, otherwise I have to wait until my schedule prenatal visit at the end of April. Also, my insurance doesn't cover ultrasounds, so I won't be getting one through them.

I've decided to pay out of pocket and will be going on Monday for an early u/s. I just need to put my mind at ease!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was 8w, the nausea and other symptoms I had went away. It was really odd to feel that good in my first trimester, but I'm 21 weeks now and everything was perfectly fine. I had an appt just a couple days after my symptoms went away, though, so it was nice to be able to hear the heartbeat and be reassurred.