Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Breastfeeding doll-check out this video

If I had a girl, I would SOOOOOO get one. Unfortunately not everyone agrees with me.

menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding doll-check out this video

I stand by my original thought that ANY doll is a breastfeeding doll

but Baby Glutton? Did we put in no thought when we translated from Spanish?
I make milkshakes in my yard.
Kriket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Breastfeeding doll-check out this video

I love the idea of taking a proactive approach to breastfeeding and mothering with our daughters and sons. All of my children have nursed their babes and stuffies.

I am an avid supporter of breastfeeding, public and at home. I do not use a coverup and have spent most of my adult life nursing babies. I am also a lactation consultant and work activly in my community promoting breastfeeding and trying to normalize it in our community.

That being said, I do not totally care for this doll. I think that the main thing I don't like is the apron thing that they put on to nurse with. This might sound weird, but our society, while has gotten better, society is passing on a message that says you need all this stuff to nurse. No longer is it simplistic where a girl can put her baby doll up to her chest to simulate momma feeding her babe. Now she has to don something on and then can nurse her babe..I don't know. I guess I get the whole, then the babe will make sucking motions and stuff, but even that..I mean what happened to a plain and simple doll. Now they have to be eating, sucking, pooping, cooing, jumping, etc...

We are told all the time in society that our breasts are not enough. We have to have nipple shields, we have to have pumps (and I know that some do need the things that I am listed, but not everyone does), we need to have this and that in order to make a good breastfeeding relationship and I just feel like this doll is teaching our girls that as me crazy, and maybe I am..or maybe this is a hormonal early pregnancy rant as well...who
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote