Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:21 PM   #11
beautifulboyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ebay problem

Putting a low starting bid can either make the price go way up since you have a large audience or blow up in your face. That is why I stay away from ebay. Being the seller I would be ticked as heck my item sold for a dollar. I don't blame the guy for trying to get out of the deal. Just being honest.

Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 05:20 AM   #12
KrisM
Registered Users
seller

I'd contact ebay. I think you can report the seller for fee avoidance. Basically, starting at $.99 or whatever and not selling at that price is avoiding the fee of either a higher start price or a reserve price. It doesn't matter if he "hoped" it would go higher. It didn't and that's the chance you take.

Earn gift cards or paypal at Swagbucks! Click Here to join the fun!
KrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulboyz View Post
Putting a low starting bid can either make the price go way up since you have a large audience or blow up in your face. That is why I stay away from ebay. Being the seller I would be ticked as heck my item sold for a dollar. I don't blame the guy for trying to get out of the deal. Just being honest.
If he had a price in mind, he should have put it on Craig's List. I know not everyone feels this way, but when the seller puts an item up for auction, they are agreeing to sell it at whatever price the winner bids. To me, it's a contract. If they aren't happy with the ending bid, they should have either put a reserve, or used Craig's List/consignment sale, where they can at least set their price, and haggle if necessary. Yelling at the winning bidder, or cancelling the sale, is beyond rude and immature.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
mommaRNluvs7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can and should leave negative FB. They cannot cancel the transaction without your permission (don't agree to that, either) and they obviously didn't get what they hoped. In most situations, eBay does not allow people to list something that they don't physically have on hand to ship, so that violates TOS, too. Call her bluff, ask her how long will it take for her to "put her hands" on it. But yes, please leave appropriate FB. They cannot retaliate. If they leave anything negative under a positive comment (only thing that they can leave), than you can have that removed anyway.

Hubby and I have sold on there for 12 years now and it is just not what it used to be. I prefer other venues, but some items we sell simply do the best there.