Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #11
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We chart and use condoms. I don't always trust that dh will have good enough timing.

Advertisement

Last edited by JeDeeLenae; 04-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.
JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #12
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How are you avoiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nceveritt View Post
Exlusively NFPing

Except that since my cycles haven't returned yet, but I've had cm most constantly for over a month, we're using the "let's have sex and hope I don't ovulate in the next couple days" method. We are totally opposed to introducing artificial birth control into our marriage, so for now we just have to be open to God's will if we want to be physically intimate. If He sends us another child, we know He doesn't make mistakes.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #13
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelina_lover View Post
Abstinance Seriously! Only happens about once every 2 months. We are fine with that though because we do still have 'other' fun and hours of 'play'
Yeah that tend to be us too. Well, maybe a tiny bit more often. Our schedules just don't match up too well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
We chart and use condoms. I don't always trust that dh will have good enough timing.

SAHM to DD ('07) DS ('09) and DD2 ('12)
me_just_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're waiting til my baby's a year old to TTC again so we're trying to avoid. I chart and we use condoms during the fertile time. I hate condoms though but breastfeeding my LO is super important to me so we have to wait
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #15
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulily View Post
What does ppaf stand for?
postpartum aunt flo
Old 04-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #16
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Withdrawl. I am nervous taking the pill while BFing.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #17
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're using condoms and VCF for now. My dh wants a V, but I'm not really ready for that permanent of a step just yet. I would really not mind another surprise baby at all, but he would. So here we sit, just waiting I guess for something to change, since we don't agree

I wish we could use just nfp, but my cycles are insanely irregular. And just when I think they are evening out.... they go crazy again. I think I'd be pregnant in short order if that was all we used. I do keep track loosely though, and try to at least have an idea of when I ovulate each cycle.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #18
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post

Except that since my cycles haven't returned yet, but I've had cm most constantly for over a month, we're using the "let's have sex and hope I don't ovulate in the next couple days" method. We are totally opposed to introducing artificial birth control into our marriage, so for now we just have to be open to God's will if we want to be physically intimate. If He sends us another child, we know He doesn't make mistakes.
Ha-Ha! Sounds like us right now, but hubby's been doing the pull out thing with an occasional oops. He just (the last two days) started getting nervous and made the suggestion of using condoms which I know he hates. I've been okay with an oops since the moment ydd was born, but kinda glad, with her sleep habits, that it hasn't happened.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #19
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaratliff View Post
We're using condoms and VCF for now. My dh wants a V, but I'm not really ready for that permanent of a step just yet. I would really not mind another surprise baby at all, but he would. So here we sit, just waiting I guess for something to change, since we don't agree

I wish we could use just nfp, but my cycles are insanely irregular. And just when I think they are evening out.... they go crazy again. I think I'd be pregnant in short order if that was all we used. I do keep track loosely though, and try to at least have an idea of when I ovulate each cycle.
My hubby and I have the same problem- he doesn't want any more and I feel like I would like one more. Mostly because, I have two girls and would really try one more time. Our problem is, we just turned 38 and concerned about having a child still in college when we're trying to retire. He does make a good point, but I just don't feel our family is complete yet. Does anyone else have differing opinions than their spouse regarding having another baby in the future?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
angelina_lover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutandmunchkin View Post
My hubby and I have the same problem- he doesn't want any more and I feel like I would like one more. Mostly because, I have two girls and would really try one more time. Our problem is, we just turned 38 and concerned about having a child still in college when we're trying to retire. He does make a good point, but I just don't feel our family is complete yet. Does anyone else have differing opinions than their spouse regarding having another baby in the future?
We do have different opinions but I cannot carry another baby without risking my life or the unborn childs :-( I would like to think that one day that would all change however with each pregnancy the situation worsened. I would love to adopt in a few years when we are financially able to provide for another child, he on the other hand is solid about no more children period.
angelina_lover is offline   Reply With Quote