Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #11
tara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding and baby poo...

He finally went Tuesday evening---yuck!!!! I always brag about how BM poo smells nice, I might think twice now Well, I'll be anxious to see how long he goes now...
Thank to all of your experience I was able to reassure my MIL!

Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was about to make a thread like this but thought I'd bump this one instead.

When your babies switched from pooping daily to weekly or whatever, was it a sudden change? My DS has always gone multiple times a day (occasionally once, but usually two or more) then we went on vacation last week. While we were gone he started only going once a day really late in the evening but then he didn't go on our last travel day. He went the next day (Tuesday) but he hasn't gone since then. He seems extra fussy and when I bicycle his legs it calms him down but his stomach isn't hard or distended.

Do I need to talk to a dr before I give him some juice? He's 15 lbs and almost 12 weeks old. Should I wait a few more days before I give it to him?

While we're on the subject of what goes in must come out, it seems like he's been wetting a little less frequently now, too. When counting wet diapers, does it count if they only peed in it once? If they obviously peed many more times does it count as more than one?
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #13
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

My baby as a newborn only pooped every 4 days. Then around 2 months it was every 3 days, then around 4 months every other day, and now at 9 months we get 1-2 times a day. They have always been really smelly ( EBF no formula).

I was told this is normal in EBF babies.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #14
tara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I was lucky with DD1 & DD2! I just found this on LLLI forum (from http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/enoughmilk-older.html )
DIRTY DIAPERS: Depends on your child.
Number ranges from many per day to one every 7 – 10+ days. After 4 - 6 weeks, some babies switch to an infrequent stooling pattern. This is normal as long as baby is gaining well, and stools are soft and profuse if several days have passed.
and this http://www.mother-2-mother.com/normal.htm#NormalStools
somamama, it says do not give juice. and with the wet diapers, DS wasn't really too wet yesterday but he drenched his diapers in the evening. Isn't it around 3 months they go through a growth spurt? I'm just going to figure that's what's causing all of this mess

Last edited by tara; 04-01-2011 at 06:48 PM.
tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah I think there is a growth spurt at 3 months so maybe that's it.

I never drink enough water but I have an oversupply of milk. Is it possible my dehydration is passing through my milk even though he's got enough to eat? Maybe that doesn't make sense.
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote