Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
KristinMZ
Registered Users
seller
seller

What kind of feedback would you leave?

I bought some elastic headbands from an etsy seller on March 26. I needed them quickly, so I checked the listing and her shop policies numerous times to ensure that there wasn't any disclaimer for shipping delays. Since there wasn't, I placed the order assuming it would ship shortly thereafter. The items were listed as 'shipped' in etsy within 48 hours so I've been watching my mailbox for them. Saturday rolls around and I get a shipping notice from paypal--stating that the label had just been created that day. I emailed the seller and asked when my order shipped. I told her that it had shown as shipped in etsy for a number of days so I certainly hoped thy was the case. She replied and said "I am very sorry...I print off my orders and work off a stack....hence the ship date listed in etsy. I got very sick for a few days so it did just ship out this morning. I have USPS pickup daily so it was picked up and is already at the post office. Premade headbands also take up to 5 business days to ship. I apologize from the bottom of my heart for re delay.'

Well, that's all fine and good, but first of all, it says no where that it takes 5 business days for them to ship. Secondly, the fact that is has read as shipped through etsy is very misleading. Finally, sucks that you're sick, but you could have communicated that to me. Is neutral feedback warranted here?

Advertisement

Last edited by KristinMZ; 04-04-2011 at 08:31 AM.
KristinMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What kind of feedback would you leave?

Personally, I would leave positive and maybe mention a short delay in shipping. 5 days isn't terrible, and she seemed truly sorry.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have learned (the hard way) to always ask before I buy if I need something by a certain date. So often I have done what you did and doubled checked shipping times/store policies/made sure it was in stock/ect,only to get it 3 weeks later! I am guessing the reason she didn't let you know about the delay was because she didn't think 5 days was a big deal for headbands,but if you would have let her know ahead of time she could have made sure they went out or asked if you wanted a refund. I am not saying this is your fault at all but I think communication on both the sellers and the buyers part is important. I have sold things and have had mamas request in gets there asap and also when I buy if I need it fast I will ask if buy this today can you mail it by x date? Everyone has their own idea of fast and to her she may have felt like 5 days was more than reasonable while others would consider the next day slow. For feedback I wouldn't use the shipping time as a judgement factor unless you told her before you bought that you needed it by this date and she just chose to ignore it.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
Naturally Wise
Registered Users
Formerly: kickboxkay
seller

My Mood:
I'd leave positive, too, unless she had promised them out earlier and didn't communicate there would be a delay. 5 days from order to shipping isn't too long, imo. It would be nice if there was a message on her page that said that the item may say shipped before it is actually shipped. That is misleading.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with the previous posters. I wouldn't leave negative, and probably not even neutral, although neutral won't hurt her feedback rating. If you needed it right away, it would probably have been a good idea to tell her so. I sell on Etsy and there are times I'm unable to get the items out within 2 days, but I also sell off Etsy which is what keeps me busy. If someone were to need something from me, I would hope they would send me a message right away so I knew. There's no way for her to really know that you needed it if you didn't state so.

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Stocking the first Friday of the month at The Enchanted Toybox Congo

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) expecting #2 August 2015!
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
Personally, I would leave positive and maybe mention a short delay in shipping. 5 days isn't terrible, and she seemed truly sorry.
This.