Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #11
Craftin'Diva
Registered Users
Formerly: Diaper'nDiva
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thanks!!

So awesome to see our suggestions being put into place... makes me feel like what we say matters! Yay!!! Glad you girls have a spot now too! Hooray for DS!!!

Advertisement

Jeri, Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), a (1/12) and full time StepMonster to Shelby (16). Married to my soul mate, Eric for over 10 years! Awaiting a rainbow after our loss and 5 years of secondary infertility!
"A strong person is not one who doesn't cry. A strong person is one who is quiet and sheds a tear for a moment, then picks up her sword and fights again!"
Craftin'Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #12
Craftin'Diva
Registered Users
Formerly: Diaper'nDiva
seller

My Mood:

Grrrr DP!
Jeri, Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), a (1/12) and full time StepMonster to Shelby (16). Married to my soul mate, Eric for over 10 years! Awaiting a rainbow after our loss and 5 years of secondary infertility!
"A strong person is not one who doesn't cry. A strong person is one who is quiet and sheds a tear for a moment, then picks up her sword and fights again!"

Last edited by Craftin'Diva; 04-01-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Craftin'Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #13
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

I'm curious to know more about family planning especially the avoiding part! I can't use birth control, so we use condoms. I would just be freaked out if I got PG while I still had an infant- I know many pple who have! I EB until baby is about 9-10 months, then things kinda peter out. Is there a place I can learn more info on this? TIA!
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwexMa View Post
I'm curious to know more about family planning especially the avoiding part! I can't use birth control, so we use condoms. I would just be freaked out if I got PG while I still had an infant- I know many pple who have! I EB until baby is about 9-10 months, then things kinda peter out. Is there a place I can learn more info on this? TIA!
have you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? it's awesome and is what i used to learn about it. there's also an amazing forum and software (i use the online free version) to help you chart. i've really enjoyed it. we've been using charting temps and cervical mucus to avoid successfully for the last 6 months. we use condoms from cd1 until confirmed ovulation, and then nothing after that until i get my period. i know you can shave a few days off the begining of the cycle too, but i'm just not comfortable yet with it, i want to get a few more cycles under my belt before we do that.

we were going to start ttc this month, but now my health issues are going to prevent it for at least another 6 months, so *sigh* i'm hanging around here for awhile longer. don't worry, i'm fully committed though, i wouldn't be so foolish as to get preggo, no matter how badly i want to, until i'm sure it's safe. and i have to say, after many years of being on the pill, i LOVE charting so so much. i love knowing what's going on with my body, and there are so many things that were "off" when i was using bc, that i didn't even realize until i quit them, and now i'd never go back
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #15
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

I have never read any books or researched it much. Do you check your temp EVERY morning? That would take dedication! I love to sleep to the last minute. Do you need a special thermometer, or just a regular one? Can I ask where you got your free online chart? TIA!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #16
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so glad to see this forum! Thank you! I agree with the PP who said that is was like a breath of fresh air.

Quote:
I have never read any books or researched it much. Do you check your temp EVERY morning? That would take dedication! I love to sleep to the last minute. Do you need a special thermometer, or just a regular one? Can I ask where you got your free online chart? TIA!
I HIGHLY recommend the book that a PP mentioned. Reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility was literally life-changing for me! You can find the book here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

You can do free charting online at www.tcoyf.com, or www.fertilityfriend.com. I paid for the TCOYF software and have been using that to chart since December 2008. I also HIGHLY recommend it. If I had it to do over again, I would definitely buy it again!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #17
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For those who are looking for other books about charting and natural family planning, CCLI.org is what we've used for our education. I wouldn't go anywhere else! We LOVE the Couple to Couple League!

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #18
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is great! I'm so happy to see a forum where those of us who are avoiding can talk and share ideas!

I'm sure all those in the TTC will appreciate not having to see "oops" threads which can be super frustrating and heart breaking for those who are struggling. And those who do have an "oops" have a place they can share without hurting other moms. All around great idea!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #19
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
temping is super easy. i love my sleep too. i just set my alarm, reach over and pop the thermometer in my mouth, lay there 1/2 asleep for a minute until it beeps, set it back on the table next to my bed and go right back to sleep. most thermometers save the last few temps, so you just check it and record it later. i bought a basal body thermometer at walmart. but i've heard you can just use a regular one too. i prefer digital personally, for the ease of reading and the ability to save the temp until later so i can just go right back to sleep without writing it down
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #20
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

great idea! thanks!