Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
parkers_mom
8/14 File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:
Please pray for my little boy! - Updated

I have not ever posted asking for prayers as I always feel like I would much rather pray for others who are going through much worse things than I am. But I am mess and really don't know what to do.

My son has been sick for what seems like forever now. It went from a cold, to bronchitis, to pneumonia. He has been hospitalized several times now, but just doesn't seem to be getting better. Things will look up for awhile and then he gets worse again. I try not to be one that worries, but right now I am scared and just really want him to get better. I have never seen him sick like this and it kills me not to be able to make him better. My mind feels completely frazzled and my nerves are shot. I am an accountant in the middle of tax season, yet haven't been able to go to work much at all in several weeks. My boss seems to be understanding, but part of me worries what this is doing to my job, not that that is the most important thing at all right now. I just really want things to get better and start looking up soon!!!!!

I know in comparision to children being diagnosed with incurable diseases, losing other precious love ones in death, and the horrible tragedies occuring all around the earth this is small in comparision. I don't mean to compare this to others much worse situations by posting here. I just feel in need of some support. My DH, while I love him to death, is more of a closed off person and doesn't talk about things much and my family isn't in the best conditions themselves and the last thing I want to do is burden them with my thoughts.

Everyone of your prayers and thoughs are very much appreciated. And thank you for letting me "talk" to let go of some of the thoughts that just keep swirling around in my head!

Advertisement

Last edited by parkers_mom; 04-11-2011 at 12:17 AM.
parkers_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Please pray for my little boy!

Praying he gets all better.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
momma X5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Prayers going up....
momma X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama I hope your baby boy gets better soon! I know how it just shatters your heart when you cannot make your child better, and all you desperately want is for the illness to disappear! Prayers sent up for you & your DS.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praying for you and your little one. I totally understand about needing to talk, but then feeling guilty because your child isn't "sick enough." Just because there are many people with far worse problems, it doesn't mean yours aren't valid! It's nice to keep perspective, but sometimes you just need to cry, vent, whine, yell, etc. I hope he can get the doctors he needs so he can start feeling better!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Melissa - you should never feel that you have to apologize for prayers asked. It's a small request that can make a big difference. I pray that your son's doctors are given the insight to heal him fully and completely. I pray that your son responds quickly and fully to the treatments and you can put his health issues behind you. And lastly, I pray that your workplace continues with their understanding so that your energy is not spent worrying about your job.

Keep us posted.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
parkers_mom
8/14 File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

Thanks everyone for all your prayers!

We took him to a different doctor recommended by a close friend about a week ago and he put him on breating treatments to be done at home. This has made a huge difference!! I can tell his lungs have cleared up and his breathing is a lot better. I have to take him for a follow up visit tomorrow and I truly feel he will be giving us good news in that regard. He has been more and more like his normal, playful self the past few days. In fact, the latter part of last week his fever broke and stayed away which it hasn't done in weeks now!

Unfortunatly, he did spike another fever this weekend but I don't think it is at all from any lingering problems from his pneumonia, instead I believe he has come down with an ear infection, which is not fun but is at least much easier to treat!

Thanks again for all your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I really appreciate them and thanks as well for letting me vent everything here. I was really stressed out for awhile and felt like I didn't have many places to just let it all out. Everything is really much better now and just in time so I can at least be giving a 100% to my job during this last week of tax season, which I am sure my boss is happy about! Thanks again for everything!!!!!

Last edited by parkers_mom; 04-11-2011 at 12:18 AM.
parkers_mom is offline   Reply With Quote