Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2006, 06:57 PM   #11
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD Fuzzi Bunz problem???

I pmed you..

Advertisement

mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #12
aimeeplus3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just curious- you said it was certain colors- was orange one of them? I have had 2 orange FB with bad elastic. I just wanted to see if that was a color you had trouble with too!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:03 PM   #13
treecitydiapers
Registered Users

While I understand this is a frustrating situation there are a few things to keep in mind...

First, no company can possibly replace products after a year of use... that would just be way too expensive. While it seems like you have a lot of 'bad' ones in reality the majority of fuzzi bunz will last 2-3 years. Wear and tear happens, sadly but true.

Second, I'm pretty sure MOE doesn't have the resources to fix diapers. They may seem like a huge company but their staff is pretty minimal and I know all of their employees stay very busy. I think the WAHM suggestion is a GREAT idea. That way you can fix your diapers *and* support a momma

Third, MOE customer service is on its way back to the way it should be. I know that doesn't help you at all with your current situation but people really need to know that the current managment does care about customer service and they are going to start supporting retailers more so that they can handle many of these problems.

Quote:
Hmm, I bought some FBs from the mama that was closing her store in May & one of them had the tag 1/2 come off after the 2nd wash. WHen I contacted her, she told me to contact FBs & I STILL havent heard from them. I wonder who I'm supposed to contact.
Good reason why not to buy from a "clearance sale" or a closing wahm... you kinda have to take these as "all sales final" since this person won't be able to help you if there are problems. Oh, and technically the tag falling off isn't considered a defect since it doesn't affect the functionality so that wouldn't get replaced anyway.

This is another reason why it is a great idea to find a local WAHM. Problems will come about with any type of diaper and to have someone local to you can help out in these situations. My local customers swing by for snap fixes every once and a while... it makes fixes really easy this way!

If anyone is having problems with defective diapers within the 90 day workmanship guarentee and you do not know who your retailer was please feel free to contact me. I am happy to try to help anyway I can. I can fix snaps and ofter if you have a defect within the 90 days I will replace the diaper for you and then I will work with MOE to compensate me.

Oh, one tip to try to prevent bum elastic is to be sure not to stretch or use the diapers while they are still warm from the drier. This can cause elastic to sanp or stretch.

Last edited by treecitydiapers; 06-25-2006 at 11:05 PM.
treecitydiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:17 AM   #14
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Molly,
I appreciate your reply. MOE has gotten back with me again and has offered to replace the diapers with 2nd quality dipes.

Also we only really dry our Fuzzi Bunz about once a month on low, so using them while still warm is not an issue for us. I have a wall drying rack that they all go on straight out of the washer, since I was so paranoid about "proper" care, I guess I was too paranoid.
Meg, Mom to DD#1 6/04 DD#2 4/07
(all of my items come from a non smoking, pet friendly home)
clothdiapermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:21 AM   #15
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

mama,
that just stinks! I hope you'll find a retailer who's willing to repair them for you -or send you new ones maybe!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:48 AM   #16
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Not meaning to hijack the thread OP, but Molly, do you have any ideas on how we FB lovers can make sure ours do last 2-3 yrs?? I have 21 Mediums and want to make sure they will still be in usable condition for baby #2. (Hopefully making an appearance in winter 2007.)
Old 06-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #17
treecitydiapers
Registered Users

Meg- I am happy to hear that MOE is going to hook you up! YEAH!!!

Aimee- I haven't had a problem with any of mine. DS wore his mediums for well over 1.5 years and they have been sitting in a basket for at least another 6 months and they are as good as new. I think there are a lot of factors that can go into wear and tear... your washing machines agitation, your baby's thighs, high heats, hard water, detergents, storage, etc.

I have heard that it isn't a good idea to store them in plastic bins because that will cause the elastic to dry out and snap.