Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can you all help me?

I get pregnant VERY easily. DD was conceived the 2nd month we tried (we didn't official DTD on fertile days the first month we were "trying"). DS was conceived 15 days after Mirena was removed (doc said it would take 6 months)

DD was breastfed with formula supplementation until 16 weeks when I went back to work, but I pumped until she was 6 months old. I had the Mirena put in when she was 6 weeks old and NEVER got ppaf with her (just spotted from the Mirena). When it was taken out in July of 2009, I literally had 2 days of spotting and then was pregnant within 15 days.

DS was born in May 2010. I attributed the mirena to a lot of bf problems with DD so I told hubby NO hormonal BC. DS was EBF until 14 weeks when I went back to work. Since then I pump 4 times a day and bf on demand at home. He is now 11 months old. I'm still pumping 4X a day and he BFs 2-3 times when we are together (once in the middle of the night) He has been eating 3 large meals a day since he was 8 months old.

STILL no ppaf! I haven't had a period since June 2007. Am I normal? Should I be worried? I'm gone from my baby 9 hours a day 5 days a week and have been since he was 14 weeks old!!!1

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can you all help me?

Jamie, Im there with you except I don't pump as much. I even got ppaf with dd at 3G when exclusively bfing, and this time, nada

Do you test periodically or use condoms or pull&pray? Or just 'whatever'?

Last edited by tygr2410; 04-11-2011 at 07:44 PM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:55 AM   #3
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely not alone! DD is almost 11 months and we BF and I pump once while working (three to four times weekly) and DD is eating four small meals per day. With ODD, I got my first PPAF exactly 26 days after I last pumped (she wouldn't latch so I EP'd for almost six months). It seems like the second I stopped any milk production, my body kicked back into gear. As tygr said, I do periodically take HPTs just to make sure and monitor my CM, cervix, and temps daily. What form of avoidance are you using?
Old 04-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are using condoms but not usually until 1/2 way through. I have very bad morning sickness at the beginning of my pregnancies so since I'm not having any symptoms, I doubt I'm pregnant, but I guess I need to keep one on hand. I just thought since I was pumping so much more than he is nursing, that I would have started back already!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
lindma
Registered Users
seller

Same thing here mama! .. I only BF, no pumping here..
I have yet to have a period.. Is it normal not to have one while BF'ing?
lindma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindma View Post
Same thing here mama! .. I only BF, no pumping here..
I have yet to have a period.. Is it normal not to have one while BF'ing?
I think it is normal if you are strictly BFing, but I was under the impression that since your baby isn't with you when you are pumping your period/ovulation should come back.

If I was strictly nursing I wouldn't be so concerned, but I pump most of his feedings!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never heard that pumping made your cycle come back any sooner than direct nursing did. You are still producing the same hormones right? My BFF doesn't pump, she only nurses, but she won't get her cycle back till her baby (toddler really) is down to no more than 2 or even 1 nursing a day. Both times her babies have been over or very close to 2 years old. It annoys her because she wants to TTC, but can't because she has no cycle. I can see why it would be annoying if you want to TTA too though. You already know, I would love to have my disappear for a couple years, but alas, it always comes. I think you are just fine. It will come eventually. I would test once a month or so though, but I'm crazy like that anyway.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only pumped with my first and didn't get AF back until I completely stopped pumping. I have heard with some women that pumping doesn't provide the level of stimulation and release of hormones as well as BFing so AF can come back sooner, but not for all.