Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Mommamassey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Was in a car accident at 34 weeks.

Hi there mommy's,

I was in a car accident at 34 week and I am very thankful that the baby and are ok. I just feel like shearing my story with you all. I was on the way to take DS to preschool and DD started to throw up, So as all mom would do I turned to look at her. When I did this and with me being 34 week I must of move the steering wheel and got in to the snow on the side of the road, and it pulled me in and I hit a tree head on. I turn and asked the kids if they where ok And they said yes they where. They both where in their true fit convertible car seats. DH and I are very thankful that we spent the $ on them as they keeped them safe. Not even a make on the kids at all. I called 911 and it was about ten min till the cop got there then the fire man and then the EMS. I had also called my dad to come as I knew I was going to the hospital and need him to take the kids.

On the way to the hospital I called my DH to tell him what happed and the meet us at the hospital as he was closer to it then I was. Contraction also started in the way there. When I got there they where working on me and I just said to them that I would like to get hocked up to the monitors to make sher the baby was ok. So they took my down to maturity ward and hooked me up. Baby's hart was at 158 so good. I was still having contraction so they told us that if they don't stop or baby starts to show stress they would have to deliver me. I was willing the contractions to stop. They did do a ultrasound and it looked good. So I spent 26 hours in the hospital and was having contractions for 18 of them. they sent me home to get lots of rest.

When I got home with DH he told me that he was going to take the next day off of work too so he could help with the kids and get all the calls and paper work done for our van. Which is our only vehicular that fits our family. That was a big help as I am a SAHM. For the next 2 weeks I have been resting the best I can with a 4 and 2 year olds. And not lifting them or anything over 5lb.

I am now 36 week and feeling a lot better. I was a very hard time for me and I am doing better with everything that happened. I know it was my fault and that accidents happen but when you are in the spot I was in it was hard to hear. We now have a new van and both kids have new true fit premier convertible car seats. We are just thankful that we are all ok and that someone was watching out for us.

Advertisement

Tiffany, Married to DH Bob in May of 2006 , Lucky SAHM to Carter October 2006, Genevieve July 2008, & Mallory May 2011, ^^Corban December 2, 2013^^ I miss you sweet angel boy. April 19 is CDH awareness day.

We are a CDing, BFing, Fun loving family.
Mommamassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Was in a car accident at 34 weeks.

Thank goodness you are ok!!

My ODD and I actually had something fly off a car in front of us on the interstate yesterday and nailed the windshield of our car. Luckily it did not go through it - at 80MPH, it easily could have.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
kgmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad you're okay mama. That's soo scary. It just so happens that this morning my son threw up in the car and I did the same exact motion. Although I avoided any accidents but this is an easy mistake to make.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Glad you and baby are both okay!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
Bevytp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

very glad you are ok and that baby is still intacts That can def be a scary situation. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

This really hits hard today... First, I am so thankful that everything was okay with you and your family! Today on my way home from work feeling exhausted as always and really hungry since I could not eat or drink for 4.5 hours when I guess I was crossing the center line - like twice all the way over. A county cop was on his way home in his suit and tie right behind me and put his lights on - which I did not notice because I was so spacey... I dont really remember driving, just thinking how I wanted to go home and eat and sleep. The guy was soooo nice and was genuinely conserned for me, stating that I should call for a ride because he does not want anything to happen to me or the baby (I am also 34 weeks). My husband came and got me... I felt like a fool at the time because I didnt realize I was driving bad but in the long run he really could have saved my life, the babys and even someone else...

I am so happy that everything turned out okay for you mama! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is great and thank you for sharing this. I am going to try really hard to focus more when driving.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So scary! Very glad you and everyone are okay

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so glad you're all OK mama, how scary!

i worry about accidents almost every day, which seems so silly. but i ride a bus to and from work and there are no seatbelts. i just get worried about what would happen if we got in a crash!!
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow! Glad you guys are ok!!
ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote