Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #21
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone here have a DC born with a "Sacral Dimple"?

WOW!!! I never knew this was actually linked to something!!! I have this!!! And never realized it was something different!! About 5 or 6 years ago I had a cyst on it, and had no clue what was wrong... Delt with it, thought it was just a bite or something.. It ruptured while doing PT for the army, and was filled with a bunch of gross icky fluid... Later that day I went to the ocean and went swimming, and it dried it up.. Everyone once in a while, I get pains there, like it wants to start acting up. I always thought my tail bone was trying to pop out! LOL... Granted I was young and did not want to tell mom or dad something was wrong with me when i was little lol...

Advertisement

TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:17 PM   #22
HBuehler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our last little boy has a very deep one..its not that uncommon.His dad has one and has never had a problem with it.Our ped.didn't even blink an eye over it...and don't make a big deal of it because it's not one in most cases.Yes, it is genetic that is why in most cases a parent or real close realitive also has it...in my dh's family there are lots of dimple butts
When he went to his first appt I just said He got his dads butt.
He's 2 now and its still very deep but we expect it to stay that way.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #23
cwieberdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think most of my 7 kids have this. No ped has ever said anything to us at all about it.
cwieberdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #24
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I have one, I also have a pilonidal cyst, OUCH! feels like I bruised my tailbone, I had the majority of my cyst removed when I was 16, and havent had a problem since, but my kids each have one and havent had any problems.
Ilikecloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #25
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm pretty sure all my kids have them. My MIL told me it's something only Hispanic babies have. I think her doctor told her that when J was a baby. Anyway, none of my kids have them deep enough to be cause for concern.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #26
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We lost a baby to an NTD and my dd#2 (born after the loss) has a sacral dimple, or what I thought was, but the pediatrician said it wasn't and not to worry. Now that she's 20 months and has filled in, you can't see it all. My dd was a skinnie minnie at birth, so it was very noticeable. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #27
RedSoxFan1
Banned
seller

My son was born with a fairly deep one; in fact it was all the way down but very, very small in diameter.

He had surgery for it right after his first birthday as we were told it gets more difficult to handle as they get older, especially if it starts to get an ingrown hair or something. In any event it was very difficult to clean it properly.

The surgery itself went well, but I would say that the doctors did not realize the implications of the fact that he was breastfeeding -- that his stool would still be very liquidy. The fact that this was the case caused the wound to get dirty a lot and we had a very difficult time with it. In fact it opened (not that unusual actually) and because dh is a surgeon and could handle it, we did not have to readmit him. But it needed to be irrigated and packed every time he had a bowel movement.

However there was no question of going back in and closing it from the top, because keeping a wound open and letting it heal from the bottom up while keeping it clean is actually the best way to prevent infection underneath. So that's what we did.

It took a loooooooong time -- like several months -- to heal properly. But now, it is no problem, and it's MUCH easier to keep clean! No real cosmetic issues either, although it's hidden by his tushy cheeks so who's looking?

PM me if you need more info.
RedSoxFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #28
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow I just looked it up as this sounded like what my DD might have from the posts. And it is! I never knew the name.
She has never had any issues with it. I pointed it out to the Ped at her first visit and he said nothing to worry about.
BTW MIL later said my DH has it and I forget who else.