Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Mommamassey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Any one having trouble breathing through your nose?

HI Mama's,

I have been having trouble breathing through my nose for the past 5 days. So I when to our Family doc to see what he would think about it and to make sure it was not a sinus inflation. He told my that he did not think it was a sinus inflation at all. He thinks whats going on is that the increase blood flow is affecting my blood vessel in my nose making it hard to breath. He also told me that it could be like this till I have the baby. And I am 36 week.

I am really hopping that it goes a way. As I do not want to go through labor and not be able to breath through my nose.

Any one going through this too???????

Advertisement

Tiffany, Married to DH Bob in May of 2006 , Lucky SAHM to Carter October 2006, Genevieve July 2008, & Mallory May 2011, ^^Corban December 2, 2013^^ I miss you sweet angel boy. April 19 is CDH awareness day.

We are a CDing, BFing, Fun loving family.
Mommamassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any one having trouble breathing through your nose?

Yes! I actually have had this issue on and off the past 34 wks but it is BAD now. I snore horribly and feel like I can't catch my breath if I only breathe through my nose!! I hope it settles down for both of us!! I have been using saline spray at night just to moisten my nasal passages and that helps.

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommamassey View Post
HI Mama's,

I have been having trouble breathing through my nose for the past 5 days. So I when to our Family doc to see what he would think about it and to make sure it was not a sinus inflation. He told my that he did not think it was a sinus inflation at all. He thinks whats going on is that the increase blood flow is affecting my blood vessel in my nose making it hard to breath. He also told me that it could be like this till I have the baby. And I am 36 week.

I am really hopping that it goes a way. As I do not want to go through labor and not be able to breath through my nose.

Any one going through this too???????
Yes!! The bold is what I'm thinking too. I have no obvious irritation (my nose is not runny nor does it feel stopped up) BUT I do sometimes feel this gross mucousy feeling in my throat and have a dry cough, usually worse in the morning or at night so there may be some post-nasal drip. It's uncomfortable and annoying. I have to breath through my mouth a lot of the time. I am also guessing that it won't get better until after the baby is born. Hang in there, mama!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep. Been that way for months.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a bad cold back in Jan, and when it cleared up I still had trouble breathing through my nose at night for a least a month. I eventually started having some sinus headaches so I went to the doctor and she gave me a script for antibiotics b/c it seem like a sinus infection. It had probably been brewing since I had that cold over a month earlier. The antibiotics cleared it right up and I was able to breath through my nose again.

Now the weather around here had been a little warmer lately, and there is lots of pollen. I'm having a little trouble breathing through my nose at night again. I'm pretty sure it's related to the pollen as my eyes were very watery after spending some time outside. Oh, and the pollen is so bad, that I went outside for a few minutes w/ my cell phone and I could see little green dots all over it in no time. Same thing when I took my laptop outside, it was covered in pollen rather quickly.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #6
Funnyfarmmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been feeling the same way for about a week now (started at 36 weeks). I panicked at first thinking that i was getting a cold and did NOT want to go through labor with a cold but its not and unfortunately i think this is how it will be until i deliver....