Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2006, 05:40 PM   #31
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: weekly HN thread

For you all! It really is nice to have somewhere to go and *vent* about our HN kiddos. I wouldnt trade Lyssa for a milliong non-HN kids, honestly. But there are the days as you say, that you just need a safe place to go to regroup. I am so thankful for Lyssa, while she is HN shes not nearly as hands on as she was as a baby! There does come a time when they are less demanding. Well maybe not less, its just in a different way. AS a baby Lyssa would cry and need to be held and all that jazz 24/7. Now shes not so physically suffocating nor does she cry much anymore. Instead she talks NONSTOP I mean there are days i go for a run after dh is home and turn my music on at the top volume just so i can stop hearing her voice, chit chatting away in my head But she really is a joy and so incredibly bright. My mother was telling me she just read an article about HN babies and how they are finding that HN babes are also testing higher IQ's and intelligence wise.

Anyways, glad there are other mommas who can commisserate AND brag about their HN kiddos

Advertisement

earthybirthymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #32
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

dont mind me becuase you ladies obviously have a vast bit more know how about this. so let me give you a few situations and tell me what you think.

Example 1 Im folding towles standing up. Im doing this while walking because Morgan follows me non stop, and she is crying and trying to climb my legs. and of course I pick her up after I get a few towles folded because I feel bad and feel like she needes me.

Example 2 She is only happy on me, no one else will really do. she can be on my lap happy leaning over me playing with dh but if I try to hand her to him to get up and go to the bathroom she goes into hysterics. BUT as soon as everyone starts distracting her she is fine UNTIL i come back and she sees me, then all the sudden she is back into hysterics til I pick her back up.

Example 3 She wake several times a night usually anywhere from 2-6 times she is pretty easy to just nurse back to sleep providing there are no out side distractions. she will only fall asleep while nursing you can NEVER just put her down and expect her to just roll over and go to sleep.

and lastly she hates pretty much every contianment type things, swings/exursausur etc. we have a arms reach that converts to a palypen and she will sit in there and play in my bedroom only if my 4 yr old gets in with her (dont worry I reenforced the bottom with cinder blocks) that is my only reliefe time really. I had to figure something out.

she does how ever like to be worn my guess is its not so much not liking be contained as it is not liking to be off of Mommy.

Dh orignally wanted me to become a wohm again because things where (well still are) tight, but when he relized just how much work she really is he was like forget it I cant manage her alone he tells everyone "she is all about the mama" lol
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:48 PM   #33
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

She sounds a lot like Drake in ways. I'd say you have a hn kiddo!

I'll take a sec to 'brag' about my hn 10 mo old! He got his 4th tooth on his 10mo 'birthday'....he's gotten to the age of picking up everything....very recently he's learned, "no" which is "na na na na na" and seems to recognize "bottle" and says "baaa baaa"....he tries to act like he's talking on the phone and puts the phone up to his head, but it's behind his ear/back of his head...LOL...cracks me up. Then today he started trying to blow kisses...with the back of his head..LOL....and he says, "uh-oh!" and "ow" (which is more like a command for a game he plays)...and he's started waving bye bye....he says, "mmma mmaa".....he wants to walk so badly and is getting so close....he LOOOOVES to get in the floor and play (has to be with mommy or brother though)..and loves to wrestle around...he seems so smart to me and is such a mama's boy....(when he's not crying), i love just sitting with him...he's got such a sweet little face...and I know he loves me
Old 06-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #34
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommalilac
dont mind me becuase you ladies obviously have a vast bit more know how about this. so let me give you a few situations and tell me what you think.

Example 1 Im folding towles standing up. Im doing this while walking because Morgan follows me non stop, and she is crying and trying to climb my legs. and of course I pick her up after I get a few towles folded because I feel bad and feel like she needes me.

Example 2 She is only happy on me, no one else will really do. she can be on my lap happy leaning over me playing with dh but if I try to hand her to him to get up and go to the bathroom she goes into hysterics. BUT as soon as everyone starts distracting her she is fine UNTIL i come back and she sees me, then all the sudden she is back into hysterics til I pick her back up.

Example 3 She wake several times a night usually anywhere from 2-6 times she is pretty easy to just nurse back to sleep providing there are no out side distractions. she will only fall asleep while nursing you can NEVER just put her down and expect her to just roll over and go to sleep.

and lastly she hates pretty much every contianment type things, swings/exursausur etc. we have a arms reach that converts to a palypen and she will sit in there and play in my bedroom only if my 4 yr old gets in with her (dont worry I reenforced the bottom with cinder blocks) that is my only reliefe time really. I had to figure something out.

she does how ever like to be worn my guess is its not so much not liking be contained as it is not liking to be off of Mommy.

Dh orignally wanted me to become a wohm again because things where (well still are) tight, but when he relized just how much work she really is he was like forget it I cant manage her alone he tells everyone "she is all about the mama" lol
Michelle- you could be descibing lyssa in her baby days! Lyssa hated any contraption except mommy and daddy's arms. Thankfully she was a big daddy's girl so he could soothe her almost as well as i could. I never tried a sling with lyssa, i didnt even know they existed. Honestly I call Lyssa my butterfly, because she is the child that transformed my whollllllleeeee world from being normal suburban mommy to a crunchy hippy I honestly just had to learn with Lyssa that things werent ever going to get done. I really dont know how in the world we made it thru the first year. And thankfully I only had one kid, but i have no advice in that area. I bet some of the other seasoned momma's might have some tricks for ya!

The sleeping thing, we just suffered thru the night wakings til she was 14 months. She refused baby food and went straight to table food at 11 months so we didnt know what to do with her. Then at 14 months, i was preggy and had had it with getting no sleep. So dh walked her. She would fuss a bit, but i was so exhuasted i passed out while dh walked her through the house. AFter a few nights she quit fussing and started sleeping withonly one or two wake ups in which the binky sufficed. We didnt CIO, as she never cried just fussed.

Old 06-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #35
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls~Kain~Drake
She sounds a lot like Drake in ways. I'd say you have a hn kiddo!

I'll take a sec to 'brag' about my hn 10 mo old! He got his 4th tooth on his 10mo 'birthday'....he's gotten to the age of picking up everything....very recently he's learned, "no" which is "na na na na na" and seems to recognize "bottle" and says "baaa baaa"....he tries to act like he's talking on the phone and puts the phone up to his head, but it's behind his ear/back of his head...LOL...cracks me up. Then today he started trying to blow kisses...with the back of his head..LOL....and he says, "uh-oh!" and "ow" (which is more like a command for a game he plays)...and he's started waving bye bye....he says, "mmma mmaa".....he wants to walk so badly and is getting so close....he LOOOOVES to get in the floor and play (has to be with mommy or brother though)..and loves to wrestle around...he seems so smart to me and is such a mama's boy....(when he's not crying), i love just sitting with him...he's got such a sweet little face...and I know he loves me
Aw he sounds like such a sweetie!

Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #36
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

aww jen so cute.

Morgan so wants so walk too, im suprised she hasnt yet, but my girls are a little older than Kain so they are always picking her up and trying to carry her (well aria not so much morgan weighs the same as her)

we have been teaching Morgan songs, she has already been signing for a while so she picked up hand motions to nurshery ryhmes very easily. She waves but only to folks she knows, she just stares at strangers, she is just now warming up to my aunts and we see them weekly. I only think she is warming up to them because they give her food now

Morgan is still toothless though, I dont look forward to teeth cutting.
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:50 AM   #37
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Drake got his first 2 tooth at the end of his 4th month and beginning of the 5th month...and then 4.5 agonizing months later he broke the 3rd and then just about...2 weeks later the 4th

Kain is getting brave and trying to carry Drake....lol....it's quite amusing...drake seems 1/2 entertained and 1/2 scared out of his mind....

do your girls love playing with morgan or are they entertained with each other? Now that Drake is playing more, Kain is LOVING playing with him. They're hysterical together.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:17 PM   #38
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthybirthymom
Do you think instead of the smell it could have been the noise level for your ds?

Both myself and my HN daughter are extremely sensitive to sounds. From being a newborn til i was in high school, fireworks would literally be too overwhelming. Baby showers, oh dear, they are wayyyy too much for me. Too many women talking at once and i come home overwhelmed, wiped out and just insane. We cant take dd to the movie theatre as the speakers hurt her ears and she gets upset. Touch is another big thing with us. Neither her nor I can stand tags on our shirts and wool has GOT to be lanolized on her sisters wool covers or it annoys us. Needless to say we are both VERY picky about what touches our skin. But taste is not a problem, we both love things verrrrryyyy garlic and oniony
I don't think so cause the other place he flipped at was very quiet but did smell peppery lol dunno tho maybe it could have been hehe regardless we won't be going for a while, unless DH & I take turns to eat again