Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Crying...

Anyone else doing a lot of it these days? I know part of it's the hormones but I'm battling some situational depression and anxiety. On top of the fact that our first baby is coming SOON, our kitchen remodel keeps having setbacks. I just want a kitchen. And it seems like it won't ever happen and that when it does we won't have any money leftover. (Granted it will be the kitchen of my dreams. I have to keep telling myself that.)

But on some days, good days, I still get on some crying jags. Not fun! They make my head fuzzy and make me want to sleep all day.

Just looking for some sympathy, I suppose.

Advertisement

Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crying...

mama!
Not usually. I think Yesterday I did. DH was gone Sunday afternoon-late last night, and Monday night DS decided to wake up and not fall back asleep for an hour and a half around 3am, and that was SUPER rough considering I had to care for him alone for all that time beforehand and not get enough rest.
Luckily things are fairly organized, and in general I'm not too "moody" in my pregnancies, so things like that don't happen too often. The exceptions are when I'm just exahusted w/DS' behavior and wondering how the heck I'm going to handle my active little sweetheart and a newbie at the same time. Esp. When DH is busy with whatever. lol.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:50 AM   #3
BlueDahlia
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, I've been upset a lot the past couple of weeks, and I think the insomnia and discomfort have a lot to do with it. I'm a mess--angry, easily hurt, and so exhausted. We are also rushing to finish two basement rooms and H has been working more so I feel more stressed than usual too.

Hugs to you. I know the last tri can be rough, and with everything you have going on it's no wonder you are getting upset. Hang in there!
BlueDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not so much here, but I'm sorry, mama!! Pregnancy hormones can sure be rough!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #5
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree... being pregnant definitely makes some things more difficult to cope with, but most of the things I'm crying about, I think I'd be crying about even if I weren't pregnant. Hang in there! I hope your kitchen remodel will fast forward soon and of course, we won't be pregnant forever.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, the past couple of days have been good, but the littlest things make me cry. I usually walk to DD#1 to school with my other girls in tow. So, we have to walk around the building to use the front door. Our house is behind the school. I asked the principal last week, if I could just walk in the front door and go straight back to the back door, without signing in the office. She told me that would be okay. So, a couple days ago I was doing this usual routine when one of the staff said I needed to sign in the office. I told her I was just going straight out the back door and she said I still needed to sign in the office. I tried my hardest not to raise my voice, but I started telling her "No, I don't need to sign in, I asked the principal the other day to make sure". Then she stopped and said "Okay, you not walking her to class or anything? Just going out the back door?". I said "YES!". Anyway, I ended up crying over that as I walked home. I felt silly for letting that upset me, and even sillier for having to keep myself from yelling at her for no good reason.

Last edited by staceyroo77; 04-14-2011 at 08:30 AM.
staceyroo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OH, and I forgot to say, if our kitchen was being remodeled I'd be a wreck, so having a hard time with that is totally understandable IMO!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyroo77 View Post
Yes, the past couple of days have been good, but the littlest things make me cry. I usually walk to DD#1 to school with my other girls in tow. So, we have to walk around the building to use the front door. Our house is behind the school. I asked the principal last week, if I could just walk in the front door and go straight back to the back door, without signing in the office. She told me that would be okay. So, a couple days ago I was doing this usually routine when one of the staff said I needed to sign in the office. I told her I was just going straight out the back door and she said I still needed to sign in the office. I tried my hardest not to raise my voice, but I started telling her "No, I don't need to sign in, I asked the principal the other day to make sure". Then she stopped and said "Okay, you not walking her to class or anything? Just going out the back door?". I said "YES!". Anyway, I ended up crying over that as I walked home. I felt silly for letting that upset me, and even sillier for having to keep myself from yelling at her for no good reason.
Awww That would have hurt my feelings too!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

A few days ago I was talking to DH and it just hit me... I was going to cry... over NOTHING AT ALL. We were having a great conversation, talking about one of our kids and it's like the urge and the tears were just there. Then I got mad b/c I know it's those stupid PG horomones that make me crazy! I hate not being 100% in control of my emotions, but that's just what happens this late in PG. The only thing I know to do is to realize that it IS just the hormones, acknowlege the hormones and then cry it out.